36. Favor

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream rocks back and forth in his chair, excitement bubbling inside of him as he stares at Y/N's starting soon screen. The chat flies by with tons of greetings and questions about where she's been.

"Hi chat," a smile tugs at his lips as her sweet voice fills his headphones once more, although he preferred her voice in person. "How's everyone doing?"

The starting soon screen disappears to reveal her sitting in her gaming chair with Pepper sleeping in her lap.

The chat is filled with awwws and hearts at the sight of the sleepy cat. Dream smiles as he thinks of Patches who was too shy to come out around Y/N with all the noise they were making.

"Yes, she just sat on me as I was getting things ready," Y/N scratches under the gray cat's chin as a loud purring sound floats through the mic. "She is the sweetest."

Dream watches as a message with his name flies by before more and more start to appear.

That was longer than I thought.

"Oh looks like we have a lurker in the chat," Y/N sighs, her eyes scanning the messages. Dream bites his lip and types a message to her in chat.

I'm doing mod things.

"I see," she stares at the message for a few more seconds, contemplating whether to say something or not. "Where have I been?" she asks, reading a message aloud.

"I was away visiting Ethan's friend," she replies simply which makes Dream breathe a sigh of relief. No one was supposed to know about them, yet.

Dream's finger however over the keys to type a message but he decides to open Discord and message her there.

Dream 4:28
Y/N, do you know the show Love or Host?

He waits for her response, noticing her gaze shift downwards to her phone.

U/N 4:29
Yes, I've watched it a few times

He smiles.

Dream 4:30
How would you like to be on the show?

U/N 4:31
Competing for who?

Dream smiles again.

Dream 4:32
Sapnap's love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Dream," Austin says, sliding his headphones on his head. "I've just finished reviewing all the applicants for Sapnap's Love or Host."

"That's actually what I wanted to talk with you about," Dream says, tapping his fingers nervously on the desk. "I wanted to see if you could put a certain contestant in."

"And who is that?" Austin opens the spreadsheet with all the applicants' names and emails.

"Their name is Y/N," he says, smiling as the image of her face pops into his head.

"Oh yes, here she is," Austin clicks on her form submission and smiles as he remembers watching her video. "She seems nice."

"Yeah, I've been helping her build her community and I was wondering if you could at least let her on the show to give her some exposure."

"Hmmm," Austin taps his chin thoughtfully. "I don't know, we need to make it fair to the other applicants. Although I agree she seems entertaining, I can't guarantee her a spot."

"Please Austin," Dream says, his voice showing a hint of desperation. "Do it as a favor? For me?"

Austin chuckles.

"Are you sure it's not something more than just helping a fellow content creator out? You seem very attached to her."

Dream's face turns bright red as he mumbles something under his breath.

"What was that Dream?" the host's teasing voice floats through the headset.

"Never mind, will you let her in the show or not?"

"Well," he drags out the words in his dramatic host fashion. "Of course, but only this once."

"Thank you!" Dream cheers. He bounces up and down in his seat, nearly knocking over his water bottle in the process. "I could kiss you right now!"

"Wait what?!" Austin laughs as Dream flushers red again and stammers over an excuse.

"Anyways I have to go, thanks again!" Dream abruptly ends the call leaving Austin cackling in his chair.

"I think there's another reason but I just can't put my finger on it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Sapnap!" Dream laughs as he wraps his arms around his friend's neck. "Are you excited?!"

"What?" he looks up from his phone and blinks at Dream who is bouncing around like a kid who just had a pound of sugar.

"Your Love or Host is today!" he grabs Sapnap's hands and cheerfully pumps them up and show. "And you know what else?!"

His eyes are sparkling and Sapnap can't help but smile too.

"What?"

"Y/N's going to be on your Love or Host!"

"Wait what?" Sapnap's smile falters as he looks up at Dream. "But isn't she your girlfriend?"

"Well yes but I really wanted her to be on the show so more people will know who she is!"

Dream grabs his friend's hand, dragging him upstairs to his room.

"George and I will be there to make the eliminations and it'll be fun!"

Sapnap laughs as he's practically thrown into his gaming chair.

"Yeah, but I make the final say," his eyes glint with mischief as if he knows he has the upper hand. "And you will certainly leave your girlfriend for last. And should Y/N pick love," he pauses and smiles cockily. "Which I'm sure she will since she wouldn't want to anger the fans by hosting me."

Dream gasps and covers his mouth with horror, all the excitement draining from his body in an instant.

The realization dawns on him as Sapnap places his headphones on his head.

Fuck.

He's right.

"Then she'll have to choose between her boyfriend and her boyfriend's best friend."

——————————————————————————————

974 words

What will Y/N pick?
Love or Host?

Your author has already decided 😈q

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!