22. Long Flight

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Let's double-check one more time," Ethan's voice echoes through FaceTime. Y/N sighs as she unzips her suitcase. "Okay."

He pulls out a crumpled piece of paper and begins to read.

"One set of pajamas?"

"Check," Y/N shifts her clothes to reveal a pair of red and black flannel pants with a black tank top folded between them.

"Slippers?"

"Check," she holds up a pair of fluffy, white slippers with bunny ears on the toes.

"Three sets of outfits?"

"Check," Y/N finds the different outfits, all with their own pants and tops, folded neatly at the bottom.

"An evening outfit for a potential fancy dinner?"

"Check," Y/N unfolds a mini, black, off-the-shoulder dress and smoothes out a few wrinkles. "I brought some black heels and jewelry to match.

"And I have my tux," Ethan laughs. "Alright, how about your toiletries?"

Y/N holds up a plastic bag which is conveniently placed in an outside pocket for easy access during security.

"Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, facial cleanser, acne serum, moisturizer, body lotion, sunscreen, hair scalp oil—"

"Okay okay," Ethan groans as he glances back at his suitcase. "I literally just brought a three-in-one."

"That's why your scalp is always dry and full of dandruff," Y/N scoffs and hears Ethan let out a dramatic gasp.

"I'll have you know," his tone showing a hint of defensiveness. "That it is much faster to wash and less bulky."

"Oh wait until you see my makeup!" Y/N holds up a rose-colored bag roughly the size of a small backpack.

"Oh hell no—"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dream are you sure this is a good idea?" Sapnap grabs onto one of the balloons to prevent them from flying up to their massive ceiling.

"I mean why not?" Dream giggles as he bounces around from foot to foot, a goofy grin on his face. "She already saw my face. And she's coming to Orlando! I'm going to give her a proper welcome!"

Sapnap just shakes his head with a smile.

"Oh you idiot, I can't believe you had the balls to actually profess your love for her. And it's a miracle she didn't find you creepy and block your ass."

Dream's phone buzzes in his pocket and he quickly opens it to see the text from Y/N. He puts it back and grins.

"She just took off, pack the car!"

Sapnap laughs as he starts to drag the giant bunch of silver and gold balloons out the front door.

"You owe me for this!"

Days Before

Dream nervously taps his fingers against the desk as the phone dial continues to sound.

"Hello Delta Airlines, how may I help you?"

"Hello," he puts on a more serious tone, trying to soothe his nerves. "Is there a flight from JFK to MCO? It should be flight 1572."

"Give me a second," there's the clacking of a keyboard and the clicking of a mouse, followed by the muffled chatter of the other recipients. "Why yes there is."