47. Hey There D̶e̶l̶i̶l̶a̶h̶ (Y/N)

The video on top will help you feel the mood

Though it will be played toward the end :)

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Pepper chill out!" The gray tabby cat brushes against Y/N's legs and lets out a loud meow, pawing at the counter. "I'm getting your food!"

Her cat doesn't seem to grasp the concept of patience and swipes at Y/N's hands which are already lifting the bowl of food down to her level.

"Ouch!" Y/N places the bowl in front of the cat who begins to devour the food as if she hadn't eaten in a month. "Okay, you have your food now, happy?"

She shoots a confused look at Pepper who is now pulling food out of the bowl with her paw and onto the tiles floor.

"Weird cat."

The doorbell's faint ring echoes through her apartment. Y/N ignores it and carries on preparing her leftover slice of pizza.

She hums softly, carefully stepping over Pepper as she places the slice of pizza in the frying pan and places it over the stove.

The doorbell rings again, this time three rings in rapid succession.

Y/N sighs as she turns on the flame and wipes her hands on the dish towel before making her way through the cluttered apartment and toward the front door.

"I swear to god if it's—"

The door is thrown open to reveal Dream standing there, suitcase in one hand with a bouquet of flowers in the other.

The roses are mostly dark red with a few pink and white ones placed throughout. Sitting right in the center of the bundle is a tiny penguin plush.

"Oh my god!" Y/N reaches for the plushie and hugs it against her chest before nuzzling it against her cheek.

"Wow no hug for me?" Dream puts on a fake wounded expression as he lowers the bouquet, opening his arms for a hug.

Y/N smiles as she leans into his embrace, his arms around her and rubbing her back. She sighs and breathes in the faint scent of his cologne which smells of sandalwood and honey.

"Y/N?" Dream asks, his tone softening. He reaches one hand up to ruffle her hair lightly.

"Yeah?" she mumbles, her face buried in his chest. Dream laughs and she feels his chest bounce up and down under her head.

Dream opens his mouth to say something but before he can, Y/N reaches up and grabs the side of his face. Her soft lips meet his and the contact makes him freeze for a second.

After a few seconds, she pulls away, her cheeks dusted with pink.

"I missed you," she breathes out slowly. Her eyes are shining with happiness as she stares into his dark green eyes.

"I missed you too," Dream whispers. He wraps his arms around her tighter and rocks them from side to side. "I know it's only been a few months but long-distance relationships can be hard."

Y/N hums in agreement as Dream's fingers tangle through her hair. He leans down to put his face on the top of her head, pleasantly surprised by the scent of coconut and peach.

The two of them just stand there, even as the wails of the children two doors down sound through the hallway. It's as if they're the only two people in the world.

Dream lifts his head to look down at Y/N again but just as the sweet smell of coconut and peach vanishes, the smell of something burning instantly replaces it.