11. Discovered

Dream POV

"There," I pause the Manhunt and swirl my mouse around. "That quick cut there is like an action movie. When recording a Minecraft gameplay, or in your case, a steam highlight, you want to keep your viewers hooked. Quick transitions, music, and effects will keep them entertained. You're trying to get the maximum viewer retention possible. If your viewer retention is high, YouTube will recommend the video to more people, therefore expanding your audience and hopefully your fanbase."

"Noted," Y/N scrawls something in her small notepad. "You know, I always thought making YouTube videos were easy, but now, I realize there's way more to it."

"Oh for sure," I laugh. "I did a whole lot of research on how to make videos that would grab people's attention. It's easy to make a video. It's hard to make a video that people will watch more than once and recommend to others."

"Well, it really worked out," Y/N smiles. "You're just chilling at the top of YouTube."

"Hey, being at the top is not that easy." I rewind the video a bit. "It can be a busy life, lots of expectations. I had to rise to fame alone with no one to help me."

"Well," Y/N puts her pen down and leans forward slightly. "I guess I'll have a pretty good start thanks to you."

"Yeah," I awkwardly laugh. My desk vibrates as I snatch my phone.

Sapnap

Shit.

"Shit, sorry I have to take this call," I quickly say. "I'll talk to you later though."

"Okay, bye!" Y/N smiles and leaves.

I smile back reflexively and answer the phone call.

"Hello?"

"You busy right now?" Sapnap's voice seems calm but I can tell he's fighting it to keep it steady.

"No, why?" I sit up straighter at the tone of his voice. This can't be good.

"Dude, before I tell you, promise me something," Sapnap warns.

"Okay..."

"Don't look at Twitter."

"Alright."

Sapnap takes a deep breath in and exhales loudly.

"Remember that girl you were talking about the other day?"

Shit. No, please no.

"Well apparently you were on her stream and now people are speculating you're dating and shit. What the fuck man?"

"I didn't mean to!" I almost scream at him but force myself to stay calm. "I was just watching her stream and someone saw me in chat. I joined her game and we played ONE game of Bedwars."

I can't yell at him. It's not his fault.

"Well whatever you did congrats, Twitter's in a frenzy right now. I'm worried they'll go after this streamer's account and might even doxx her, you know they can like that."

I breathe in and out deeply, trying to calm myself but my breathing is already spiraling out of control.

What have I done?
I dragged her into this mess.
I can't publicly announce it.
She doesn't deserve this.

"Dream," Sapnap says quietly. "What do we do?"

"Tell our friends to do damage control. I need as many people off Twitter as possible. I'll send a message to her and let her know I'll handle it. I doubt she's experienced in handling such waves of fame, both good and bad. I'll send a tweet on my private account to alert some fans and hopefully, that message will spread."