18. Watch Party

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Hey Y/N," Dream says quietly. The events of their gameplay through his head. "How're you holding up?"

"We've had worse storms," she responds. Her desk is littered with an assortment of candy, dried fruit, chips, cookies, and a bowl of half-popped popcorn.

"Yeah I agree, this is nothing compared to a hurricane," he glances out the window to see the tall palm trees swaying in the breeze. The sky is dark gray and covered in clouds, rain pours from the heavens, and puddles rapidly form in the street.

"So," Y/N clears her throat to cover up the awkward silence. "What do you want to watch?"

"Hmmmm I have no idea," Dream lazily scrolls through the different shows and movies on Netflix. "What're you in the mood for?"

"Honestly?" Y/N giggles a bit as she pictures the movie she's thinking of. "It's kind of stupid."

"No it's not," he gently encourages, a smile playing at his lips too. "What is it?"

I swear if it's People Pig or something—

"Aladdin."

Dream grows quiet and so does Y/N.

"It's okay, we don't have to. We can watch something else," she trails off, fearing his reaction. 

"I have Disney plus too," Dream responds, his voice soft. "We can watch it if you want. I actually haven't watched it in a long time."

"Really?" Y/N asks and he smiles at the sound of her happier tone.

"Yeah."

"Okay then."

Dream chuckles as he hears the crinkle of a package in the background.

"What're you doing?"

"Nothing," comes Y/N's reply, sounding like her mouth is stuffed with food.

"Y/N what are you eating?"

"I'm not eating anything," another crunch.

"Y/N turn your camera on."

After a few seconds, Y/N turns on her camera to reveal her collection of snacks. Dream snickers at the sight of Y/N holding a Takis bag in one hand with her other stained red with dust.

"You're eating snacks without me?!" Dream pretends to be offended. "How could you?"

"Here," Y/N reaches into the purple bag and withdraws a red squiggly chip. "Open."

Dream laughs at the ridiculousness of the situation but does so, opening his mouth at the camera and closing his eyes.

"Ready?"

He giggles but nods.

Y/N throws the chip at the camera and it bounces off, landing on the floor.

Dream smiles, feeling like an idiot as he closes his mouth and pretends to chew.

"Mmm, yummy."

"Indeed," Y/N smothers her laugh, and Pepper, who had been previously sleeping, opens one sleepy eye to look at Y/N.

In a flash, the cat jumps down from its perch on the window sill and bounds under Y/N's desk, scooping the taki into its mouth.

"Pepper!" Dream wheezes as Y/N dives under her desk and grabs the cat, shaking her slightly. "Spit it out!"

Pepper lets out a furious snarl and hiss before beginning to squirm and writhe in Y/N's grip.

"PEPPER!"