45. Dodgebolt

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Okay so, the target order is Punz first, Seapeekay second, but GoodTimesWithScar and Solidarity are interchangeable."

"Have you ever faced them in dodgebolt before?" Y/N asks. They're teleported back to the lobby where a large countdown shows.

"Punz is a good friend of mine," Dream says, smiling at the memory of dodging both Punz and Seapeekay's shots. "And I've fought Seapeekay before."

"Dream is the best dodgebolt player!" Karl laughs as his avatar punches at Dream's, hopping up and down.

"Don't play up his ego," Y/N groans which makes Dream let out a surprised yelp.

"I do not have an ego!"

"Oh, you most certainly do," Tommy chimes in. "Egotistical green Teletubby!"

For some reason, this makes Y/N crack with laughter. Grateful for no facecam, she drops her head against the desk with a loud thud and smoothers her laughter.

Dream's face breaks into a wide smile at the sound of her laugh. Unlike her quiet melodious giggles he fell for, her real laugh is louder and more wild.

Her cackles and faint gasps of breath between each of them are so contagious which makes him want to laugh too.

The countdown finishing brings them all back to reality as Y/N finally calms down.

"You know Technoblade calls him a homeless Teletubby," Tommy says. The screen changes to show the dodgebolt arena with the Red Rabbits and Yellow Yaks on opposite sides.

The two huge mascots look over the arena with the audience gathered around it.

"Ready?" Dream asks, drying his palms on his pants.

"Yeahhhh!" Tommy yells.

"Let's win this!" Karl cheers.

Dream waits for Y/N's response but doesn't hear any.

"Y/N?" his tone shifts to a much softer one as he calls her name. "You okay?"

"Nervous," is her one-word reply.

"Just relax," he whispers as the 3-second countdown begins. "We got this."

The dodgebolt music begins as the players begin to move around.

"No one go for the arrow," Dream reminds them. Out of the corner of his eye, he watches Punz snag the arrow in the center of his side. "They grabbed theirs."

The music plays and Dream feels himself subconsciously moving side to side to the beat of the music.

"Dream, Punz is aiming at you," Tommy warns.

Dream hums and he switches to a more precise dodging method. His avatar dances back and forth, sometimes jumping forward, only to quickly move back.

Punz moves closer to the line divider, the little marker on his screen trained on the lime-green body in front of him.

"Dream is so hard to hit," Punz mutters. He leans closer to his monitor, moving the arrow to the right of Dream. "Come on, just a little more to the right."

Dream dances closer and closer to where Punz's aiming. Suddenly, the arrow flies toward him but he manages to twist to the right as the arrow with its sparkly yellow trail, hits the wall behind.

"He missed! He missed!" Karl says excitedly. Dream laughs as he goes to pick up both the arrows and takes his place at the end of the divider line.

Punz backs up and begins to dodge from side to side as Dream aims at him.