CHAPTER ELEVEN--- THE MIRROR

Arlo opened the door of one of the many rooms on the second floor of the Swan Estates. His siblings already see the mirror inside the room but his sons, nieces, and nephews are not. The more they delayed the fact of their inheritance the more burdensome and guilt he felt towards the child that his mother cast to the unknown place.

He is too young to remember his life when he was born and raised on an unknown island. There were no recollections or anything that he could think of that linked him off to the islands. When his mother decides to leave the unknown place Arlo is just six.

The story he got mostly from his mother Vanessa. The mirror that is being displayed inside the room has an accidental twin. It is located in the heart of the mangrove swamp of the unknown island according to his mother, Vanessa. She knows about the accidental mirror from one of the villagers. Arlo remembers how his mother told him the big mirror inside the room is transported using its twin's mirror directly from the swamp - itself.

When he tried to scry using it, he always wanted to see what was beyond the mirror and what it could offer him. Every time he used the mirror he only saw dark and black and nothing else. He is always curious about what will appear on the mirror if the other one is used for scry. Would he see the other side clearly as his mother's story? Or will it bring something into his house and haunt them?

For years the mirror stayed still. and there's nothing much he could do with it and the room stayed locked for as long as he can remember after his mother died. But one day, it suddenly changed. The mirror rattles and makes a wheezing sound like wind had come out from inside the mirror and the CCTV captured the very moment from the start till the end.

In the mirror, he clearly can see the young woman's silhouette face and the background of it. The surrounding was filled with darkness and her face was illuminated only by the light from inside the room where the red lights were on. Although her face can't be seen clearly, he finally can confirm the truth about his mother's story. And he is determined to find the truth about his origin.

Perhaps with the mirror, he can gain more access into the other world like the realm of death or the underworld of the oceans where the mermaid lives. He has always been fascinated by the story of Atlantis's lost world and the myths surrounding it. If he can find the lost city, he can gain more power and become the wealthiest and most powerful man ever alive. 

The image of the city under the sea filled with the myth creatures, made his heart flutter with happiness. The aquariums inside the Swan's Tower will be filled with beautiful creatures and attract millions of people to see the mighty creatures, in person. The beautiful pearls and the rare ones will belong to him solely. His life will also be expanded for hundreds of years if he finds the precious pearl.

 His life will also be expanded for hundreds of years if he finds the precious pearl

Luna walks inside the Swan's Estate mansion. Uncle Arlo said over the telephone that he wanted her to see something and meet someone. The grand hall inside the mansion is mostly decorated with a picture of her late grandmother and their family members. Every frame is exquisite as it is custom-made by an unknown carpenter. The carving is unique with symbols of flowers and some sea creatures with enchanting shells. By looking at it alone, you can't help but feel enchanted and awe.

"Luna!" Luna turns around and greets her uncle with a smile. Uncle Arlo hugged her and directed her to follow him upstairs.

"Come inside. I want you to see something before we can meet someone..." Luna was shocked as she saw almost every single one of her family members present inside the room, including August Kingsley. What are they all doing here? What is it so important for them to see? And who is someone that her uncle mentioned earlier?

"Right!" Uncle Arlo claps his hand as he starts to talk. He walks towards the front and pulls the cloth that covers something in front of the wall in the room.  "This is the magic mirror that momma always mentions in her story," he said as he uncovered the mirror to all of them.

Every one of them sees the things with their widening eyes and mouths open as the mirror appears in front of them for the first time. The room filled with their gasps.

There is something dark about the mirror

There is something dark about the mirror. The unsettling aura can be felt as the frame is carved with dark motives. The black color and the red lamp inside the room made the ambiance look spooky and creepy.

"Where did you get that from, Arlo?" Oscar, one of Luna's uncles asked as he stared at the mirror with interest and amazement. "This is a jackpot!" Exclaim Wyatt, shakes his hand with Arlo happily. Everyone seems thrilled and static including Luna. If what her grandmother said is true they all can be Royalty and claim the title of King and Queen in the world. Finally, her dream to be a princess in real life can become reality with this mirror.

"How can you be so sure that the mirror is the same mirror that Nana said? And why do we need to be overjoyed over it? I don't understand why we made it look like a big deal when we were already blessed with all the wealth we need" said August, not very interested in the mirror.

"You don't understand the importance of this mirror to our family, August? If this mirror can point us to the lost city of the mermaid, we all can be wealthier and our longevity can be assured if we find the rare pearl. This also can upscale our family statues into royalty!" Uncle Arlo said with merriment in his voice.

"I don't care if you will or not to search for the lost city. But one thing is for sure, if we can capture one of them and put it inside the aquarium at the Swan Tower our family status will be uplifted and we can be guaranteed as one of the royal family. We can have our own country with one of the creatures alone!" he continued with more enthusiasm.

As all of them celebrate the new revelation and founding with a whole content, Luna finds August on the other hand is the opposite of them all. He chuckles in disbelief at what's happening in front of his eyes before leaving the room with a shake of his head.

P/S; The first and third images are from USERNAME/PAGE--- unknown( I forgot to save and tried to search for it back but couldn't find it. but the image is also from PINTEREST). The second image is from THE USERNAME/PAGE--- fairytalemood.tumblr.com