CHAPTER SEVEN--- LOYALTY

The laughter echoed through the caves' open chambers. A few little kids love goofing around in the open chambers, looking for some excitement on their dark island. The cave chambers are lit with torches, and the kids wear headlamps around their small heads. The sea voyagers only have a few little ones. Year over year, their population decreases drastically. if not killed during childbirth, in a sea or forest accident, or as a result of old age.

Yesterday night, Frith, the sea voyager mermen, elected as the head of the villagers, made some disturbing announcements. Their population is now less than 100 people, including the elderly. Sixty of them are adults, including young women and men. Twelve of them are children, and most do not survive long past their teen years, which is kind of worrying for their tribe in general. The elder is less than twenty, and the oldest merpeople among them were Nanny Roe. Her age hit a thousand this year.

The average age of the elders is between a thousand and two or three thousand years old. During ancient times, their age could reach up to ten thousand years. However, the world's climates are changing dramatically, and seawater is no longer as clean as it once was. Pollution is now everywhere. In effect, almost every seaweed and other natural sea fruit that become the main food of merpeople become more poisonous and dangerous.

Their health is affected, and their longevity is cut short. Their home at the bottom of the triangle ocean also cannot be accessed anymore. The monster lives there now. As the merpeople who once lived at the bottom of the ocean floor, their longevity is connected with the clean air and water across the bottom floor triangle ocean. Fresh seaweed and sea fruits increase their immune systems and strengthen their bodies also help with their aging a lot.

Now, everything is gone. There is no home at the bottom of the ocean floor anymore. Due to their acculturation to mainlanders' lifestyles, sea voyagers are also unable to stay in the ocean for as long as typical merpeople can. The difference between sea voyagers and merpeople, who live at the bottom of the ocean floor of the Triangle Sea, is their tails.

When the sea voyagers were selected from among a hundred thousand merpeople and swore their loyalty to the King and Queen, they took a secret vow to always protect their sacred place and the lives of the merpeople. The sea voyagers have to sacrifice their tails. Their tails only emerge when they need to guard the gate. drinking a special potion from Nanny Roe that only lasts for two days. Other than that, they'd only walk with their two feet, like humans.

There wasn't much on the islands. The dark forest, dark village, and dark ocean—everything is black and dark. The only light they got from the mangrove swamp was when the fireflies lit their lights. and from the torches and lanterns in their bunkhouse and shed.

She paddled the boat and pushed it off into the open, dark sea, away from the island

She paddled the boat and pushed it off into the open, dark sea, away from the island. The small luggage and a backpack were placed in the middle of her boat. She decided to sail out from the island to the mainland. All she had to do now was convince the sea guard to let her pass and cross the Monochrome Borderline.