Sweet Dreams 4x19

Start from the beginning

Her focus is rudely interrupted by her phone ringing. She lets out a little yelp, scared by the sudden intrusion. She picks up her phone from the bed and completely ignores the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Hey Blake, it's Mr. Schue."

Blake's eyebrows shoot up, "Um, hi." She says awkwardly. "How can I... help you?"

"I just wanted to reach out and see how you were doing?" He admits.

Blake furrows her eyebrows, appreciating the gesture, but knowing there is something more to this phone call. "I'm alright." She answers. "Still having nightmares and jumping at loud noises, but it's important to be on high alert in New York, so I'm just trying to embrace the trauma." She jokes slightly. "How are the kids?"

Mr. Schue pauses, indicating to Blake he hasn't really checked in with them. "They're fine." He answers, irritation lacing his tone.

Blake's mouth forms a tight line at the sound of his voice. She makes a note to call the kids later to see what is going on. "Well, that's good." She says indifferently.

"Yeah." The man sighs. "Look, I just wanted to call and let you know that I talked to Finn."

"You did?!" Blake asks, in complete shock. She never thought she'd live to see the day. "What did he say? What did you say?" She fired the questions quickly.

"He told me he wasn't interested in coming back." The man tells her bitterly. "But I thought you might want to know, Puck is staying with him in his dorm. And from what I saw, they seem to be partying it up."

"What?" Blake asks, confused.

"Yeah, they had a slip and slide in the hallway. Topless girls running up and down the hallway, using their iron to make sandwiches... that kind of stuff." Mr. Schue lists off.

Blake bites the inside of her cheek, "Hm." She says, anger rising. "Thank you for letting me know."

"You're welcome." He tells her. "And if you talk to him, let him know my offer still stands." He sighs. "I miss him, and I'd really like to work with him again."

"Yeah, I'll try." She finally pulls out a top for her interview, frustratedly throwing it on the bed. "But he might not be too interested in what I have to say after I chew his ass out for not being responsible."

Mr. Schuester clears his throat awkwardly, "Alright well, take care Blake."

"Yeah, bye." The angry brunette hangs up with her former teacher before quickly dialing Finn's phone number.

Voicemail

"Oh hell no." She shakes her head before dialing his number again.

About four more calls, Finn finally picked up. "Hello?" He calls out, running away from the loud party in the hallway.

"Are you seriously at a party right now?" She crosses her arms. "Finn, you have class."

The man freezes, knowing he's skating on thin ice. "I was just on my way there." He tries to lie.

"You really think lying to me is going to help you right now?" Blake narrows her eyes.

He sighs, "No." He rubs a hand over his face. "How did you even find out?"

"That's not what's important." Blake stops h. "What is, is that you've been blatantly lying to me and ditching classes."

"It's college." He shrugs. "I'm just having a little bit of fun."

"And I get that Finn, but you getting a degree and actually attending classes is what's important." Blake insists. "Not partying around with topless girls and Puck."