Glease 4x06

It was nice finally being back in New York. She actually missed the incessant insults that came from Cassandra July. She knew that McKinley's production of Grease would be coming up soon, and she did have the intention of going back to see it. She actually was lucky enough to get a part time position on campus. She gives tours for the incoming freshman which isn't as half bad as it sounds.

She sits comfortably between Chris's legs as they sit on Blake's bed. They figured her place would be the best option due to it being bigger than his. The two of them weren't necessarily official yet, they just decided it was good that they enjoyed each other's company for now.

Chris is peacefully reading his book while Blake tries her best to write in her song book. She finds it important to work on something every day to keep her machine well oiled. Chris tears his eyes away from his book for a moment and looks at the girl in front of him.

He smiles fondly, "What are you writing about?" He asks, placing his book down to wrap his arms around her.

Blake leans further into his chest, taking a break from her constant writing. "Just brainstorming new song ideas." She breathes out tiredly. "But I'm kinda burnt out from Cassie's class today."

"How come?" He asks, genuinely interested.

"Just hearing her and Rachel bicker constantly... It's exhausting." She rubs a hand over her face. "I'm also pretty sure she figured out that we know each other, so she's constantly using me as a way to make Rachel feel bad."

"That doesn't seem like the most mature move for a professor."

"It's not." Blake confirms. "I mean, she's a fantastic dance teacher. I'm learning a lot. I just wish her and Rachel didn't have a stupid rivalry."

Chris let out an endearing chuckle, "I feel like you've never had an enemy in your life."

"Well, Rachel was my enemy until like last year, but to be fair she was everyone's enemy. Maybe besides Finn." She reveals thoughtfully.

Chris breathes in her scent before resting his chin on her head, "Simon had mentioned to me that he was canceling class on Friday." He wiggles his eyebrows. "What do you say I take you on a date?"

Blake giggles, "I'd love that, but I can't." She admits reluctantly. "I'm flying back home to see my high school's production of Grease. I did help cast it and everything, so it would be nice to see how it turned out."

Chris nods, "Why don't I come with you?" He queries. "I've actually never been to Ohio, so it would be interesting to see it."

Blake furrows her eyebrows, "You'd really want to do that?" She grins.

"Yeah." Chris nods. "It would be fun."

"Are you sure?" She looks at him skeptically. "I don't want you to be mauled by a bunch of high schoolers."

Chris gives her a pointed look, "I think I can handle it." He massages her shoulders gently. "Unless you don't want me to go, which is perfectly fine."

Blake huffs, "It's not that I don't want you to go, I do. I really do. It's just..." She trails off.

"Finn." Chris finishes, knowing exactly what she was trying to say. "I get it."

"I just don't want him to think I moved on that fast, y'know?" Blake explains.

"Hey, you don't have to justify anything." Chris reassures her. "I'm not mad or upset. I respect you trying to protect his feelings."

"I want to tell everyone about us." She tells him honestly. "But I just don't know if that's the best course of action for you yet, publicity wise. And I just got out of a very serious relationship."