Funeral 2x21

"New Directions, I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant... Jesse St. James." Mr. Schue smiles as he points to Jesse.

Rachel claps rapidly for the boy as Blake looks away awkwardly. Jesse and Blake haven't spoken since he got kicked out of prom. So Blake isn't quite sure if he knows about her and Finn. To be fair, Jesse did leave the dance and didn't tell Blake about it, and he was her ride. So she thinks the silent treatment she gave him was justified.

Finn laces his hand through Blake's, "I don't trust this guy. He's gonna trick us into doing
something stupid so his alma mater wins."

Jesse smiles at Blake and looks over to Finn smugly, "I don't need to do much tricking to
get you to do something stupid, Finn."

Finn looks at him offended and Blake rubs his arm comfortingly, "Just ignore him." She mumbles.

"Guys, Jesse is just a consultant. I still make all the calls." Mr. Schue explains, "I have all the confidence in the world in you guys. I just think we could use all the help we can get because... this is it. We've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here." Mr. Schue looks over at Jesse, "I was talking with Jesse and he agreed we
should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition." Blake internally cheers, she's loving performing her own songs. "I was thinking of doing one group number one solo and one duet."

Finn sits up quickly, "Blake and I should sing a duet. We killed it this year at regionals with 'Rewrite The Stars.'"

Blake smiles at the boy lovingly and Quinn nods, "They were amazing."

"May I?" Jesse asks Mr. Schue.

"Uh, yeah."

"I agree that Blake should sing lead." He smirks over to the girl, "But, Finn, I think it's best if you sit this one out. The fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers... and Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. You kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop."

Blake sends Jesse a pointed look and he just shrugs. Finn throws his hands up, "You see what I'm talking about? This guy's a jerk!"

Mr. Schue nods, "Jesse, maybe you could be a little gentler with your advice."

Jesse raises an eyebrow, "Gentle?"

"Yes." Mr. Schue confirms.

"I didn't realize we were training for the "Good Try" ribbon at nationals." He scoffs, "I thought we were in it to win the whole damn thing, and there's only one way we can do that."

"Poison darts?" Brittany suggests.

"The Vocal Adrenaline strategy is simple." He explains, "Identify your best performer and build the entire performance around them." He looks straight at Blake.

Blake feels Finn pull her closer to him. She knows he's getting jealous and she simply just squeezes his leg in reassurance. He has nothing to worry about.

"So what does everyone else do?" Mercedes asks.

"And who's our star performer?" Puck interjects.

Mr. Schue sighs, "We're gonna have auditions to find out. I'm gonna post a sign-up sheet
later this afternoon."

Finn furrows his eyebrows, "Mr. Schue, don't you think this is kind of not our style?" Finn asks softly.

Sam looks back at Finn, "Normally I'd agree with you Finn, but this is the big time. I think we should listen to Jesse."

Jesse smiles over at Blake, sending her a flirtatious wink. Blake narrows her eyes, what is his angle?

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗