Jealousy -Danielle

Requested by - radish_fairy   (Hope you like it! 😸)

"Y/l/n Y/n, rise and shine!!!" Dani's voice echoed through the house, reaching your ears as you groaned and buried your face in the pillow. The door to your bedroom creaked open. "Y/n?" Dani's voice called, and you sighed, hiding your face further beneath the blanket. She sighed and, with a playful leap, hopped onto your bed, successfully startling you.

"Yahhh, Danielle Marshhhh!!!" You groaned, meeting her eyes and blushing as you quickly averted your gaze.

Danielle Marsh had seamlessly become a fixture in your life after your initial introduction through mutual friends. What started as an ordinary friendship had blossomed into something much closer, though you consistently denied harboring any romantic feelings for her.

"So, mom's gone?" You sighed, taking a bite from your toast. Dani, with crossed arms, nodded. "Yep, she left when I got here, telling me to wake you up." She chuckled, and you rolled your eyes. "She did a terrible job. I spent the entire night tackling assignments, and now my head is throbbing, aching like a piece of crap," you complained, eliciting laughter from Dani.

"Well, you should've kept up with the assignments on time. Pulling an all-nighter the day before submission only makes it tougher," she advised, and you sighed, taking a seat at the dining table and grabbing a glass of juice.

"Yeah, but I'm too busy and lazy," you replied with a nonchalant shrug. Dani rolled her eyes. "You know we have a test today? Mr. Park is throwing a math test our way—," you cut her off, eyes widening, "what! Don't tell me it's the first period—" she nodded.

"Yeah, it's the first period," she confirmed, and you vented your frustration by slamming your hand on the table. "Darn it, I didn't even study a thing..." She laughed, "Well, your seatmate is that girl. You can ask her for help, you know, haha." Dani suggested, and you scoffed. "You mean Kang Haerin!? She's never going to help me with anything... she doesn't even talk to me!!!"

"Then pray to God that Mr. Park won't break your leg if you fail this time," Dani quipped, injecting a bit of humor into the daunting reality of the impending test.

- Your Pov -

"Big thanks, Kang Haerin-ssi. Seriously, you're a lifesaver. I can't thank you enough for helping me out!" I said, grabbing Haerin's hand with genuine gratitude.

Today turned out to be a bit unusual—it marked the first time Kang Haerin initiated a conversation with me. I had mustered the courage to ask for her help with the math exam, and much to my surprise, she agreed without any hesitation. I was truly appreciative of her support.

A blush spread across her face as she covered her mouth with her other hand. "You're welcome, and you can... call me Haerin if you'd like," she replied, trying to maintain composure but only adding to her charm. I let go of her hand.