Roommate-(03) -Minji

It had been an exhausting week with Minji as your roommate. She exuded an icy demeanor, always quick to shoot you disapproving looks, making sure you knew every time you put a foot wrong. Trying to engage her in conversation felt like talking to thin air.

You couldn't fathom why you were still sharing a room with her.

Was it possible that you still harbored feelings for her?

It was a question that lingered, one you couldn't answer definitively.

As you and Wonyoung chatted in the kitchen, she couldn't contain her excitement. "Y/n, guess what? I've got some news!"

"Alright, Wonyoung, spill the beans," you responded, taking a sip of your coffee.

"It's about our senior, Yu Jimin, or Karina," Wonyoung revealed.

"Oh, I know her! She's incredibly popular and stunning," you commented, taking another sip.

"She has a crush on you!" Wonyoung declared, causing you to sputter and cough, nearly choking on your coffee.

"Wait, what? Seriously? Oh god, I'm dying!" you managed to gasp out, still recovering from the surprise.

Wonyoung nodded, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Yes, seriously!"

Once you'd caught your breath, you turned to Wonyoung, skepticism written all over your face. "But she has a crush on someone like me? It just doesn't seem likely."

Wonyoung rolled her eyes, clearly unfazed by your disbelief. "Don't act so oblivious, Y/n. Nearly every girl has a little crush on you, and you know it."

"Does that include you?" you teased, a playful smirk on your lips.

Wonyoung's cheeks turned a shade of pink. "S-Shut up, Y/n!" she stammered.

"Alright, alright. I'm off to my room. Goodbye, Ms. Jang!" you quipped, leaving the kitchen with a grin, leaving a slightly flustered Wonyoung behind.

As you approached your room, you took a deep breath, mentally preparing yourself to face Minji once again.

Stepping inside, you found Minji engrossed in her thoughts at her study table.

You couldn't help but thought if someone kissed her or something.

You settled onto your bed, scrolling through your phone, and fifteen minutes flew by in silence.

Out of nowhere, Minji's voice sliced through the quiet.

"Why someone like Karina sunbae want someone as plain as you."

You blinked, taken aback. "What do you mean? And why would Karina want me? What are you talking about?" you asked, trying to make sense of Minji's sudden comment.

"Don't play dumb, Y/n," Minji retorted coldly.

"Whatever. I don't care if she's interested or not," you replied, rolling your eyes.

Minji's tone turned dismissive. "She must have questionable taste. Having a crush on a street child like you... ugh."

"Excuse me?" you said, wide-eyed and stunned.

Today was the day of the party, but the circumstances leading up to it were far from simple.

Initially, you had assumed Karina's feelings for you were mere infatuation.