Birthday Wish -Hanni

The sun hung low in the sky, casting a warm golden hue over the campus. You stood in the hallway, deep in conversation with Hyein, the hum of students passing by a distant backdrop.

"So how about you ask her out?" Hyein suggested, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

You let out a small, nervous laugh.

"It's a very bad idea," you replied, trying to mask the fluttering in your chest.

Hyein leaned in closer, her voice a conspiratorial whisper.

"Then what are you going to do? There are a bunch of boys and girls who are head over heels for her. What if someone gets her before you?" she mused, concern flashing in her eyes.

"Should I really talk to her?" you asked, searching for guidance in Hyein's knowing gaze.

"What I was telling you!" she groaned, a mix of exasperation and affection in her tone.

The doubt still lingered in your mind.

"What if she doesn't love me back?" you voiced your deepest fear, a vulnerable tremor in your voice.

Just as Hyein was about to respond, a voice, sharp and inquisitive, cut through the air.

"Doesn't love you back? Who do you like? Who is she?" The voice was unmistakable.

It was Hanni Pham, and both you and Hyein recognized it instantly.

"WHAT!? WHO? What are you talking about, HA HA WHO IS SHE?" you spluttered, trying to divert the conversation away from its dangerous course.

Hyein swiftly intervened, spinning a hasty tale about a movie reference. Relief washed over you as Hanni's piercing gaze shifted from you to Hyein.

Hanni, ever the perceptive one, sensed there was more to the story. She was no stranger to secrets and hidden feelings.

[Time Skipped]

The hallway buzzed with activity, students rushing to their next classes.

You found yourself conversing with a friend, Yunjin, her laughter filling the air.

"Okay, I'll see you later. Bye," Yunjin said, offering you a quick hug before heading off.

"Bye," you managed, your heart still racing from the unexpected contact.

Your cheeks held a faint blush, a lingering memory of the brief embrace.

From a distance, Hanni watched, her observant eyes catching every subtle detail.

She could sense your shyness, your heart's whispered flutter at the touch.

As you made your way to class, Hanni mustered the courage to call out to you.

You turned, and there she was, the ever-energetic Hanni Pham.

"Hey Y/n!" she greeted, her voice bright and warm.

"Hey," you replied, a gentle smile playing on your lips.

The familiar sight of Hanni brought a sense of comfort.

"You're close with Yunjin Unnie, huh?" Hanni inquired, her curiosity uncontainable.

"Ah, yeah, you can say that," you responded, attempting to keep your composure despite the rapid beat of your heart.

And then, the unexpected. Hanni, with her characteristic directness, took the conversation to uncharted territories.

"So, she's the girl you have a crush on, huh?" Hanni's words hung in the air, catching you off guard.

"What?" you thought, your mind racing to keep up with the sudden turn of events.