Vol 3. Chapter 7: Searching For Traces

[Words: 6588]

A/N: Chapter is going to be long, and the first part of the chapter will explaining Kurushima's plans, and a couple of other things with what he per example tasked Kushida in depth. 

As for the second part, you'll see.

--
[22nd August, 8.21]

[Third-Person Pov]

Arriving at his class, quite a few of his classmates were looking at him. It seemed like the rumors had spread further about him.

"Is there anything wrong?" he asked.

Although he was sure why they had gathered around him, it was just a polite way of saying, 'What are you staring at?' since he didn't even dare to think of saying that.  

"Ey Bro, is it true that you're dating someone? Who was it again? Ah, that girl from Class C?" Sudo, being his friend, was the first one to ask this.

Of course, seeing no reason to deny them dating, he admitted it. "Yes, we are. Why are you asking?"

Seeing him casually speaking about that like that made them shocked. Ayanokoji simply stared at him in slight curiosity. 

'A girlfriend, huh? He knows that the class might object to his relationship with the girl. In a competition between classes, it's quite unusual if two people from different classes date. Especially if that includes the leader of one class.' Ayanokoji thought, looking at Kurushima.

"I mean, isn't she in a different class? Don't you think she might be a-"

He looked annoyed at Sudo. 

"A spy? Hahaha, good joke. If you truly want to tell me with whom I should be together, you should stop right now, Sudo. Is there anyone else who wants to object to my relationship with her, perhaps?"

People seemed to have recognized that no matter what would happen, he wouldn't think of answering this kind of question. A couple of people, including Ayanokoji, didn't even know he was in a relationship.

He was never someone to check out rumors or other things out.

Kurushima began to sit himself down. He was quite annoyed because, these past few days, everyone kept asking him that.  

His phone alone was full of messages. 

Why couldn't people just care about their own problems? 

He frowned with a deep sigh. 

"Congratulations, uh, Kurushima," Ayanokoji said.

"Thank you."

As the lesson ended, he headed towards Class C. 

Since he was still fairly convinced not to stay at this school for the long term, he wanted to spend every minute with her. 

For the first time in these past eight years, he could genuinely smile when he was together with her. Something he thought he lost after their deaths.

It wasn't false, like the smile he always puts on, but a really genuinely one.

However, this happiness won't last for long...

After all, now that he had the poisons, influence didn't matter to him precisely anymore, so staying any longer was not needed anymore. 

He could now bring Chairman Sakayanagi efficiently to talk. 

The only reason he kept on continuing to grow his influence was because he had planned to expel people, admitting it to him, and continuing it, making him slowly despair, if the plan with the poison did not work, as there was no poisonous substance within the school.