Vol 2. Chapter 5: Deserted Island Exam [3/4] - Plan of Brilliance or Insanity?

[Kurushima Pov]

[2nd August, 16.21]

As usual, we didn't have any luck regarding our food solution. Neither did we find fish, small animals like rabbits, nor eatable berries and fruits for everyone.

It has been again the time when I go to Chabashira-sensei's location to confirm our purchase of a ration of food for a class unit for ten S-Points. But this time, something was different.

Accidentally, I broke one of the lesser important devices as I fell on the ground.

I looked at the materials that were displayed in front of me in shock, not understanding anything from them at all.

As it happened rather fast, Chabashira-sensei faced me backward because she wanted to register the spending of our class.

I slowly took a few components with me and put them in the jersey.

Quickly, I picked up the broken parts and looked at Chabashira-sensei apologetically. "Sensei, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention and didn't see the device."

I said in a worried and anxious tone, doing a small bow to apologize.

"No worries, it wasn't anything of importance. Just be careful next time. This time, I'll compensate for the damage. If it happens another time, you'll be the one."

"Okay," I muttered. "Uhm, Sensei, we want to buy another class unit of food," I expressed.

"Registered. Well then, you can go," she said, taking the broken parts and throwing them in the trash can.

With that, I left and walked to our camp spot.

--

[8 Hours Later]

[3rd August, 0.21]

The evening approached itself rather fast. It was now time to begin. To ensure nobody was noticing me, I looked around the boys tent for a couple of moments, especially the tent Ayanokoji was in, until I saw nobody moving.

I wasn't that stupid to be in the same tent as him, when I'd pull such a stunt off. Fooling him wouldn't work, if he realized I wasn't sleeping next to them at all, making me naturally suspicious. 

I was in a tent with some other boys who didn't quite often talked with Ayanokoji or Hirata. One of them was Sotomura, the other one being Yukimura, as for the rest in my tent, they weren't a threat either. 

That was great, so I did use it, after all, because I was good with everyone.

I had memorized their sleeping habits yesterday, since I couldn't sleep, without a pill, which I was able to request, in the end, easily from Sensei, yesterday, since it was a matter regarding my health, something I wasn't responsible for.

Although, I told her I was able to sleep, just not goodly, at all. 

As of now, I'm almost 45 Hours up now, without having slept at all... 

My body is in a state of fatigue. But in recompense, I was able to observe Ayanokoji having taking Ibuki's bag, took her camera for a moment out, until he destroyed it, probably. 

It was during 4 a.m, so there wasn't anyone really awake. But I did notice him at least waking in some kind of intervals up, which usually were within two and a half hours. 

Ever since that incident...

I was unable to sleep without them... 

Haah... even now, if I'd like, I couldn't sleep...