Arc 4 - 13 Abael

The presumably Abael let out another fire attack from his mouth at the other party. Two warriors or paladins were hit. Their hunter too. The orc warriors took advantage of their panic to take them down quickly.

The rest of the two parties were also troubled by the shamans. The shamans brought forth bugs or something out of the pots on their hips to create chaos among the volunteer soldiers. It's frustratingly effective. Others go down just like that. Sure, we were told to focus on the shamans. But how?

It's going to be pretty hard. It's not impossible to carry on. It's just way too risky.

When in battle, I felt gradually detached from reality, but I still had a part of me that sensed this apprehension.

"Reinforcements?!"

I looked at the tower to the southeast. A number of the volunteer soldiers who had gone up earlier were now coming down from there. It's a little bit ten in number. Even so, I didn't feel very happy about it. We could have lasted longer at least, was my tenuous conclusion. "Watch out!" —but I couldn't believe that was coming from Kiyotaka, so I was more than surprised.

When I turned my head towards him, Zoran Zesh was no longer in front of him. The Keeper ran. Ran so fast that it had been enough to intimidate many people because of how fast it was. Where to? It's the volunteer soldiers who have just arrived on the first floor.

"Oh, shit!"

"Magic...!"

"Up to the front, Shitake!"

They panicked, but not to the extent of losing their decision-making ability. In an instant, they were lined up. Would they be able to fight back, though? No.

More than half were cut down the instant Zoran Zesh was at their site. Zoran Zesh performed a body-twisting technique where his two scimitars flew to the volunteer soldiers within range. It was long. And fast. With Zoran Zesh's physique, no one could timely dodge. They all died pretty much instantaneously.

Kiyotaka-kun sprinted at him with even more mesmerizing speed. How could he unleash Zoran Zesh, to begin with? However that is, he was able to prevent Zoran Zesh from doing further damage to the remaining volunteer soldiers.

In response, Zoran Zesh somersaulted. Not just one turn, but two in one fell swoop.

"...That guy," Kanji-kun gaped. "Is he a Superman?"

Kei, now being replaced by Suzune, watched the scene with an expression filled with strain.

Kiyotaka-kun took it straight on. Zoran Zesh clearly had more brute strength than him. Was he unable to dodge? Kiyotaka-kun brought an additional hand to the sword's ridge to withstand the vertical slash of Zoran Zesh's two blades. There's literal fire made from the friction of their sword blades.

Then there's that horizontal spin. Instead of retreating, Kiyotaka-kun strode forward, swinging the Butcher at Zoran Zesh's arm. It was now the orc who was forced to retreat.

"Adachi!" A hoarse voice called out.

I glanced over to the southwest watchtower's entrance. Renji-kun had arrived with his team and was now barreling towards Zoran Zesh.

He was trying to throw himself into the fight somehow, but couldn't find the opening. Kiyotaka-kun and Zoran Zesh gave him no chance.

They never stopped their pace. They leaped from one spot to another with swings of their swords far too fast for anyone to bear. Renji-kun didn't look like he could slip himself in readily.

"Focus on shamans!" Suzune said.

"Get lost...!"

Haruhiro-kun's party and one other party had also arrived on the first floor.