Arc 1 - 7: End of Day 1

We hunted down a total of 23 goblins after that. Of them, we acquired 11 silvers, 7 colorful jewels, and 10 animal fangs. Those are the three almost guaranteed items to find from every group of enemies. There are some animal hides, but carrying them around wasn't very practical. The goblins seemed to like gathering them. Regardless, focalizing on groups of six proved to be worth the effort. It gave a significantly higher return compared to groups of four or fewer.

"Is it because they're more compact...?" Chiaki had mumbled that.

"That's the most likely," Suzune didn't refute. "Larger groups often hold significantly better loot for us to pick. But the bigger they are, the more skillful their leaders are at organizing their subordinates, naturally. A group of five seems to be the same way. Not with the fours or below."

We went back in the afternoon and sold our loot on the marketplace. The mere silver coin earnings totaled 18 silver on that day.

The 11 animal fangs, apparently from wolves, amount to 4 silvers and 30 coopers in total. 10 of them came from forest wolves, with 30 coopers per piece, while the remaining 1 was of a black wolf, a rather lofty 1 silver and 30 coopers.

When it comes to the jewels, they vary. They are ranging from 2 worth 30 coopers each, 4 of 40 coopers each, 3 for 50 coopers each, up to 1 which cost 2 silvers and 30 coopers alone. That's a whole 3 silvers and 70 coopers.

The crimson broken blade we assumed to be valuable had been disposed of by Ken. Understandable, because we don't have much space for it.

Excluding the silver coins we collected, we have 8 silvers. Put together, we get 26 silvers. Split between eight people will be 3 silvers and 25 coopers respectively.

We went to grab some food and drinks for dinner. It was at a roadside stand called Granball. Whatever that means, they're ball-shaped meals made out of flour and other nutritious ingredients. In addition to the low price, they are fulfilling, and come with a distinctive, mouthwatering flavor.

This is good...

"Ahaha, Kiyotaka-kun. You seem very fond of the food." Chiaki commented.

I can't say no to that. "Well, yeah. It seems like I'm not used to having nice meals before this."

"Is that so? Aww, that's cute."

"How so?"

"I won't tell."

They serve three portions. Snack servings (6 coopers), meal servings (16 coopers), and custom servings (depending on quantity).

The 10 silvers Britney gave me had been trimmed down to 2 silvers by the 8 silvers cost of guild registration. Including my first day in Grimgar, I had spent 40 coopers, resulting in 4 silvers and 85 coopers.

Kikyou suggested a place to stay at the time. "There are plenty of inns for us to lodge in the east town. The price is anywhere between 50 coopers and 1 silver per night, and that's per room. I think we should consider settling for a two-bedroom, or if lucky, a four-bedroom, to stay the night. How does that sound, Suzune-san?"

Ken had gotten himself a large custom platter. I definitely need an excuse to not lend him money if he is broke.

Suzune pondered over Kikyou's suggestion indifferently, calmly consuming her food before answering. "That's not a bad offer. However, I know about a volunteer soldiers' lodging house in west town for a better establishment. Its service isn't great, but it's more affordable for volunteer soldiers trainees, at 10 coopers per night. If we've earned our badges, we don't need to pay for it. We should first dedicate our money to improving daily needs and acquiring skills or purchasing equipment. Only after earning a stable income should we consider moving to a better lodging."