Arc 4 - 12 Bad One

A/N: Yeah, fuck it. I'll go all-out on Chiaki and Kiyotaka in this Arc. I'd think the next Arc would be Suzune and Kiyotaka.

I'll release Lemons when I wish so, and Interlude Chapters after the end of an Arc. Which Arc, I can't tell. It's the same with Reaction FanFic.

Because I write when I can, when I want to, and have an idea as to what the contents would be. These 3 are inevitable. Definite. If you don't like it, go away.

***

Suzune reluctantly complied. The only way for her to object to Kiyotaka-kun's decision— before looking for a replacement— was to pull him from the fight with Zoran Zesh, to begin with, which was out of the question. I don't think anyone here has the capacity to do that.

Kiyotaka-kun's battle against Zoran Zesh, the Keeper of the Keep, could be described with one word: beautiful. Nobody on the floor, both allies and enemies, could ignore them. That was how epic their battle was.

No one tried to get close for fear of being hit by their strikes. Everyone stayed away from the duel as much as possible.

Kiyotaka-kun is way too loose. The swings of Zoran's two scimitars were overly vast in range. It was fast and powerful too. I'm sure everyone here would have great difficulty even dodging it.

Kiyotaka-kun is armed with the Butcher. Just that. And he could not only fend off Zoran's assault but also went on the attack pretty often. Zoran seemed to have trouble every time he did.

Kiyotaka-kun could probably use the weapon in the left hand, using his rapier as well to counterbalance Zoran's two-sword style. Perhaps it was the time constraints, or the difference in sword size, or something else, that prevented him from doing so.

This might be the first time I've seen that expression on Kiyotaka-kun's face either. I thought. While it hadn't changed, it stiffened a little if you looked closely again. Only a little, though. Zoran clearly has more muscle strength than Kiyotaka-kun, but he didn't seem like he could take Kiyotaka-kun down immediately. No, he probably hasn't figured out how yet.

I quickly focused on my own battle. It's an unwritten rule in the party to— most of the time— leave Kiyotaka-kun alone with his activities. Because there's nothing we can do for him anyway.

"Prioritize the shamans...!" Suzune bellowed.

Just when she finished saying that, one appeared from seemingly out of nowhere. "Huh?" Suzune didn't look like she expected that. I was no better. Where did he come from?

The shaman inhaled deeply and let out something from his mouth. Fire.

"Suzune!" Ken-kun shouted her name.

Our leader was wrapped in flames. Ken-kun tried to attack the shaman, but a soldier stood in his way.

"Seriously?!" Kanji-kun came forward with his new machete.

He tried to hold off one of the other orcs who approached. But he was clearly not up to the task. I tried circling the orc by Sneaking, but yet another orc snuck up from behind. Kei dragged the rigid Suzune back for medical attention. Ken-kun was busy dealing with one elite guard, and Yousuke-kun had to protect Kikyou. —Kikyou? She has magic, doesn't she?

"Jess, yeen, sark, fram, dart!"

She didn't seem to be just frozen in fear. Kikyou had predicted just where this orc would go, and sent a flash of thunder, Lighthing, straight at his flesh. "Nice assist!" I responded, which was a bit too early. "?!" My whole body went into sudden paralysis. What's this? Then, I noticed the shaman in my field of vision had his palm pointed at me. —psychokinesis. Britney mentioned it before. Is this what he meant?

The orc fighting Kanji abandoned the hunter to turn to me. I'm dead.

"—orahhhhhhhhh!!!" Ken-kun let out an ear-splitting scream. Not only the enemy had taken by surprise— whether frozen or slightly jolted— but my thoughts were numbed for an instant as well. War Cry. He should've warned us first at least.

But thanks to that, the shaman lost his focus, and I was able to move again. Ken-kun himself had managed to kill his foe with Rage Blow.

"Take that...!" Kanji-kun swung his machete in the shape of an X. Diagonal Cross.

It hit the orc's back, which was protected by armor, so it naturally bounced. But he managed to distract it.

The orc who had been hit by the Lighting was now able to move. He swung his gahari at me. I used Swat, Swat, Swat, and Swat to deflect them. It's heavy, but it's not like I have to block them directly. That said, if I kept defending, the orc would figure out my pattern and finish me off in no time.

"Switch!" a voice commanded.

I didn't hesitate to follow it. Swatting his gahari aside once, I jumped back. Suzune came forward with a Thrust, forcing the orc to use his own shield.

I looked around briefly. This isn't good.

There are only four parties here, including us, for a total of 26 people. I'd seen three parties to the northeast of the watchtower, another three in the northwest from Wild Angels, and again with three in the southwest of the watchtower which included Team Renji and Haruhiro's Party. They are about 40 people. Even with 26 volunteer soldiers on our side, the situation didn't look like it was in our favor.

We're facing 3 elite soldiers out of 18. With Zoran Zesh and seemingly three sorcerers, there are 22 of them. Ken-kun has already taken down one, while the others haven't at all. I know that one party on the floor is volunteer soldiers trainees, and is currently staying with our party at the volunteer soldiers lodging house. They specifically had trouble dealing with five orc warriors, including one shaman, and looked like they could fall at any time.

All three parties had five orcs in their care. The three parties all had six members. But within the six members in the party, only two to four at most advanced to the front lines. Not all also served like warriors by engaging in head-on combat. Some thieves and hunters served as mere support. Mages can't perform killer moves for a pretty specific reason. Priests are mainly in charge of healing. So, basically, we're at a disadvantage here.

How long do we have to hold on? How many have to die for us to wait for reinforcements? We can't run except by sacrificing someone else in the process. They'll outrun some of us, that is all but certain.

Of the three orcs warriors, Ken had killed one. The other two are coming towards us again, though. From behind Kikyou. Kei and Yousuke-kun should be able to hold them off temporarily. As for the shaman— he moved on.

I was sneaking up behind one orc who was completely distracted by Suzune. I noticed that the shaman had gone to the other party. I'd been curious as to how he'd appear out of nowhere and surprise us earlier. The first floor contains nothing. The floor is flat. There must be a trick, and now I knew what it was.

The shaman positioned himself among the orc soldiers. At a particular angle, he made it so that a good number of the volunteer soldiers wouldn't be able to see him at a glance. The way he used the advantage of his allies and the terrain is a slick of him. He's probably Abael, as well, judging solely from his movements being different from the other two shamans.

I'd like to warn the volunteer soldiers, but if I were to shout, the orc Suzune fought would notice me immediately. My priority needless to say was my party. I doubt Kei and Yousuke-kun could last long. With that in mind, I suppressed my intentions.

I won't be able to use Backstab to his back. There was a very small gap between his back and head, but I had a better idea. Approaching quietly, I thrust my dagger and stiletto into both of the orc's eyes with a backhand grip. It'd be nice if I could pierce the gap between its back and head at the same time as piercing the orc's forehead, but that would be too difficult for many reasons.

I retreated immediately. The orc started to panic. When that was happening, Suzune easily killed him.

"Hah!" Ken-kun had also crushed the orc that was troubling Kanji-kun.

Ken-kun and Suzune would go to help Yousuke-kun and Kei. Same with me or Kanji-kun. Kikyou seemed to be trying to conserve her energy.

We're doing fine. But not with the others. This is actually bad.