Chapter Twenty: Chae-rin

I know that we're not dating for real, but it still hurts. He just abandoned me here to take care of his ex-girlfriend. I didn't even want to come on this stupid trip but he begged and begged. He said it would be a best friend trip! Liar. I sigh, trying to ignore the small anger in my chest. I'll just go and hang out with Taehyung.

"You okay?" he says when he sees me.

"Yeah," I nod. "I'm okay." I give him a small smile. "Really, you don't have to give me those eyes."

He lets out a snort and shrugs. "Okay."

"Hey, are you okay?" Hobi walks over to me, rubbing my back. "I heard what happened."

"Hyung, she said she's okay. Don't give her those eyes." Taehyung answers instead.

I laugh and nod. "I'm fine."

"Good, I'm glad to-" Hobi gets cut off by another voice.

"That motherfucker!" Eun-ha stomps her way towards us, her face red and her hands on her hips. "He just left you like that to take his ex-girlfriend home? Is he fucking stupid or is he fucking stupid?!"

"Eun-ha, I'm fine," I tell her. "Please stop yelling. People will start to stare."

"No! He literally left you to drive her back into the city! Do you know how long that drive is? Four hours, Chae-rin!" She shakes her head, annoyed. "You are his girlfriend. Why the hell is he still doing things for his ex?"

"I-"

"Hey! How was the rest of the hike?" Jungkook cuts of Eun-ha, sitting next to me.

Thank God for Jungkook... "It was nice," I say, smiling. "The view was breathtaking. You would have loved it."

"Uh, excuse me, I'm not done talking! Namjoon is-"

"Please, you're being dramatic," I cut Eun-ha off.

"No, I'm not! Your boyfriend left you here in the middle of the forest while he agreed a little too quickly to take his ex-girlfriend back to the city because she 'sprained' her ankle." Eun-ha scoffs. "Like, okay little miss-"

"She did sprain her ankle," Jungkook tells her. "I checked and it is definitely sprained and probably more."

"Yeah, it looked like it was," I nod. "I didn't see it very well, but I agree."

"Why are you on her side? She's with your boyfriend, Chae-rin. Aren't you at the very least a little worried about what might happen during that four-hour drive? It's obvious that-"

"Eun-ha, you're so goddamn loud," my brother says, cutting her off. "Shut up." He talks to her like this because he also grew up with her. I brought her over all the time as teenagers so he kind of just sees her like a sister. "Here, I made you some smores," he hands me a plate filled with three of them. "Eat it."

"Uh, why? Are these poisoned? What did you do to them?" I raise my brow.

"I didn't do anything to them," he replies. "I just, uh, thought you would like them. Well, no, I know you would. They're your favorite thing about camping. Will you just take them?" He shoves the plate onto my lap and sits down beside me.

"Aw, hyung, are you coming to check up on your sister?" Taehyung snorts. "That's sweet of you."

"Duh, don't you know Yoongi hyung is protective," Hoseok replies. "Don't mess with his friends or family. He will beat people up to protect them."

"Can you guys give me and my brother a few minutes alone, please?" I tell everyone. They all nod and walk away, leaving us. I push the smores around on my plate and then look up at him. "Oppa," I say, quietly.