"Home"

"Mom, what are you doing here?!" "Shut up Shubhman Gill I am not here for you. Where is Ishan?" "Mom I think you should go back-" "Shut up and answer my damn question right now or I won't hesitate to make a scene here, you know me damn well" "Okay, okay, he's inside"

Shubhman's mom pushed him aside, opening the door. She gasped as she took in the state Ishan was in. Such a bubbly ray of sunshine he was, how did all this happen? If she had not called his uncle and inquired if he knew where Shubh was, she would have never known that Ishan was so seriously injured.

She turned towards Shubhman who was right behind her, and her hand made an impact on his right cheek. The force left a print on Shubhman's cheek. "Aunty-" Abhishek tried to handle the situation but was stopped by Shubhman's mom. "No Abhi beta, you won't talk on behalf of him. Mr. Shubhman Gill, Come with me to the waiting area. I want to know everything that has led to this"

Shubhman silently nodded his head, tears pricking his eyes. He followed her into the waiting area and explained everything, he even told her how they weren't in a relationship when she met them last time. "You lied to me. I didn't expect this from you" " I didn't want to hurt you ma!" "And that's exactly what you have done"

"After what you did to Ishan, how do you even have the guts to face him, haan? That kid looked at you like he would hang stars for you and you were just using him" "He looked at me like what?" "Oh God Shubhman, you ungrateful scoundrel, how could you not notice. That kid had liked you way before than you know. The look in his eyes said everything. I can't with you."

"Mom, I swear I did not notice. Or I-I would have-" Shubhman choked on his tears "would have what? Thrown him out because he had feelings for you? You know what, I had considered Ishan my kid the day you first introduced us. And now, I don't want you anywhere near my child" "Mom please, I know I have wronged him. I want to, no I need to take care of him. It's my duty, my responsibility, my right. Please ma, don't strip me of the only thing I can do for Ishan" Shubhman pleaded, falling to his mother's feet.

"Fine. But as soon as he wakes up, I want you away from him" "Mom-" "That or nothing, your call" She didn't wait for an answer and walked out on him. Abhi hugged Shubhman, trying to console him, "Everything will be fine Shubh"

"No Abhi, I ruined everything with my own two hands. He liked me and I tortured him. He cooked for me and I slapped him. I have wronged him, Abhi, I don't deserve him. No wonder he thought I would give up on him and stabbed himself." Shubhman sat straight, wiping away his tears "I will make it up to him. Even if it takes me my whole life to make everything right, I will do it. I will give Ishan the life and care he deserves but never got"

Shubhman made his days and nights one, taking care of Ishan and not leaving his side even for a minute except when he would go to take a bath. His mother was not talking to him and he understood that he deserved this silent treatment. In his head, he was preparing himself for the silent treatment he would receive from Ishan.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A week had passed. Ishan had gotten much better, the only wait was for him to open his eyes. Shubhman's mother was with Ishan, and Shubhman had gone to take a bath....when Ishan opened his eyes.

Everything felt like a mess. Ishan felt like he was having sleep paralysis except he was awake. He wanted to open his eyes, wanted to get up but his body felt too heavy. His eyes felt like they were rusted for not having used it since forever. Somehow with great difficulty, he opened his eyes and was met with an elderly woman. It took him a few seconds to adjust to the light and to identify who was actually sitting in front of him.