"Slap Yourself"

Ishan pulled himself up from the ground and dusted off his clothes. 'Aditi must be waiting, I should go back to her'. He made his way towards her and took the seat opposite her, and gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"Did you guys fight? He seemed very angry when he left" "It's nothing, let's focus on lunch." Ishan was in no mood to go back to the studio, so he took half a day off and directly went to the house.

Just as he entered, he saw Shubhman sitting there on the couch with his head hanging low, both his hands supporting it. Shubhman looked up at him "Ah, you are back. Is everything alright? You are back early today." "None of your business" "Ishan please"

"What? You want me to talk sweetly to you after all the things you did to me? Dream of Mr Gill. If you hadn't threatened me with my friend's name, I would never have come with you, in the first place let alone after the slap which I didn't even deserve." Ishan said, his breathing is getting heavy. All the things that happened during the day came back to him like a wave in an ocean, ready to drown you the second you lag. He immediately pulled out his inhaler and took a drag.

Shubhman looked at Ishan wide-eyed and without thinking he grabbed Ishan's hand. "Are you sick? Shall we go to the doctor?" "No thank you". Shubhman nodded his head and slumped back on the couch.

Ishan was an emotional person so when he felt Shubhman's warm hands on his he couldn't help but get worried. Is Shubhman burning up? He didn't want to show he cared but how can he not when the same person took care of him in his sickness not once but twice?

"Shubhman?" Ishan whispered. "Mhmmm?" "Look at me" and Shubhman did, his eyes bloodshot as if he had not slept well in weeks. "Do you have a fever?" "Fever? I don't know. Ishan, please forgive me. I swear I would never do it again. I shouldn't have raised my hands. I may be obsessed with you but I will never hurt you I swear"

"Stop it Shubhmam, I don't want your excuses. Now shut up and let me check" Ishan sat on his knees in front of Shubhman and pulled him towards himself. Resting his forehead against Shubhman's, he could feel his temperature was above normal and his bloodshot eyes and warm breaths were indicating the same.

"Go to the bedroom and take medicines. You have a fever." "It is fine, I will get well in a day or two" "Shubhman, stop acting tough." Shubhman did not want to upset Ishan anymore. He nodded his head and did as he was told. Soon he felt drowsiness take over him and he closed his eyes.
.
.
Ishan was already drained from all that happened today and wanted nothing but to drop dead somewhere(not literally). But he can't leave Shubhman like this, now can he? But he's still angry with him. Should he just slap him twice on both cheeks?! The idea was tempting but Ishan wasn't like that. He has never been one to seek revenge.

He did not know if he should be happy or angry about it but his brain had this system of deleting his memory of every bad thing that happened to him. People have taken advantage of his kindness and hurt him in so many ways yet he still can't refuse and ignore if the same person asks for help or tries to talk to him. If you ask him what's the worst thing someone has ever done to you, Ishan won't be able to answer because he remembers none(this is me, guys, Ishan in this para is me)

Ishan let out a sigh and changed his clothes. Overthinking won't take him anywhere. He sat down on the floor beside Shubhman's side of the bed. He had with him a bowl of cold water and cloth strips, it would help bring down his temperature.

Ishan sat there, religiously changing the water strips every 10 minutes. He wanted to sleep. 'Aah god, what was I , a panda in my previous life? Why do I feel sleepy every time of the day?!'