"Should Have Listened To Me"

"Do I really need to share the bed with you? I can just sleep on the floor. You might get uncomfortable" Ishan whispered. "Do you want me to get scolded by my Mom again?" Shubhman exclaimed. His mom was just an excuse. He knew he first needed Ishan closer to him to make him his.

Ishan didn't say anything. He changed into his PJs and lay down on one side of the bed. The day had been hectic, and he had been through a roller coaster of emotions. Exhaustion took over him and he slept like a baby.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I am going on a week long tour with my team. You will be by yourself here so don't try anything funny. The cook will prepare for you whatever you want." Shubhman informed Ishan the next morning as they were having breakfast. He took Ishan's jaw in a tight hold, "Remember darling, no being intimate with others. I have my ways to know what you are up to".

Shubhman and Ishan parted their ways thereafter. Ishan went to his studio, thinking about what reasons he should give for not going to shoot yesterday.

"Ishu, you were sick yesterday? You took a leave and didn't tell me. I got to know about it from the manager."Aditi said with a pout as she saw Ishan entering the studio. 'The manager? But he didn't turn in his sick leave' "I will tell you later Aditi, excuse me a bit"
Ishan knocked on his manager's door and entered in, "Sir about yesterday's leave-" " Ishan you had a connection with such influential people and you never told me? The CEO himself ordered me to give you a paid leave. Woah, I didn't know you had it in yourself. Good for you"

Who else could it be other than Shubhman?! Ishan grimaced at his manager and uttered, " I'll see you later then". He made a mental note to 'nicely' ask Shubhman to not meddle in his business. He didn't want to be someone who was there because of connections.

Ishan noticed 5 missed calls from Mayank. 'The cause of all this misery, finally he got time to call me' "Well well well, hello mister busy. Your meeting ended way too quickly, just 2 days. I thought it would go on for at least a month you piece of shit" Ishan hissed.
"I'm so sorry sweetheart. Please forgive me. Let me make it up to you. What do you say we meet up for lunch at 2? Please don't say no. It's been a while since I have seen your pretty face". Mayank chirped from the other side of the phone.

"It will do. Let me clear my schedule. You are so dead today I'm telling you, you mf." "Love you too babe".
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ishan had just entered the cafe when he was enveloped in a hug and swept off his feet. "Put me down, Mayank!" Ishan swatted his head and Mayank complied. Ishan could never understand why he had to get all touchy-feely with him. As far as he knew, Mayank was straight also Ishan had never told him about him being gay.  'Maybe that's how he is with everyone' Ishan thought.

"My baby is still so small and cute. Whatcha up to lately? I'm so sorry baby I left you at the last moment. The CEO himself asked me to lead the team, and how could I say no? Btw, do you know who our CEO is, the great Shubhman Gill !"

"I know Mayank, thank you for telling me so early after I already met him thanks to you ditching me." Ishan couldn't find it in himself to tell Mayank about all that happened. Yes, he blamed him, but deep down he knew it was entirely Shubhman's tactics.

"Let's not talk about him. Your hair has grown longer. It suits you" Mayank said caressing Ishan's hair, his hand slowly sliding to Ishan's cheek. "Yeah, I didn't have time to get a haircut. Anyway, I still don't understand why you have to work for Shubhman's company when you are heir to the second most popular security agency. You can have all the experience in your company too." Ishan said taking Mayank's hand in his own and setting it down on the table between them.

Mayank was loaded in terms of money and power. His father owned the second-best agency after Shubhman. "I am learning from the best Ishu, so I can make my company the best too. Soon I'll turn 26 and that's when I will take rein of everything that belongs to me, be it the company or the people." Mayank said with a smirk.

"What your people, dumbo" Just then the waiter came with their order. 'You my Jaan who else? If only you were not this oblivious. It is quite alright though, the more patience one has, the sweeter tastes the fruit of their hard work' Mayank thought.

Unknown to both of them, someone had their hawk eye fixed on them through the screen. The glass of water shattered into pieces, veins protruding from his hand just as Mayank's hand touched Ishan's cheeks. "Oh darling, you should have listened to me," The man said with a devilish grin into the darkness of the room.

---------------------------------------------------

I am changing Vivan to Mayank because Mayank just makes more sense, lol.
If you have seen that reel:
Mayank in every ff be like "Apne lover ko dhokha do, mujhe bhi darling mauka do"

I would have updated sooner but your author slept through the evening, lol. And now I just can't sleep(It's 2:02 in the morning).

Hope you enjoy the chapter. Let me know in the comments.

(also if there is any ff on Mayank and Ishan please do tell 👉👈🥹)