"You Can't Outsmart Me"

A hard slap landed on Ishan's right cheek but he did not react, and neither he did whenever Mayank slapped him in the past week. He thought he got used to it but it still hurts, both his heart and his cheeks.

The usual sting was there but this time Ishan felt something more. He felt something trickle down his cheeks and he wiped it with his fingers and took a look. Red, it was his blood. He looked wide-eyed towards Mayank and saw his fingers clad with rings.

Mayank seems to have just noticed the blood too. He held Ishan's shoulder tightly and pulled him closer taking a look at the wound, "Oh my god Ishu, shit shit shit, I'm so sorry baby I did not mean to hurt you. There is even a bloody cut now on your beautiful cheeks. I am sorry I don't want to do this, but you leave me no choice. Why do you have to always talk about that Gill? It's been a week, he would have found you if he wanted to."

"Mayank I still won't love you" "I am best for you, can't you see? I have been with you through thick and thin. Don't you think I am the best?" "I love Shubhman Mayank" "I will do anything for you darling, at least give me a chance" "Mayank you are acting like a lunatic. Stop all this, I would rather die than love you"

"Shut up, shut up, shut the fuck up" Mayank pushed Ishan back into the wall and turned around. "I am acting like a lunatic? Yes, I am a lunatic but it's on you. It's because of you I am like this. I don't want to harm you Ishan but Shubhman's name on your tongue does something to me. It makes me want to pull out your tongue so you can never even utter his name. I feel like killing him in front of your eyes so you can understand you both can never be together"

"Why don't you just kill me? I am the cause of all this bloody mess anyway. I love someone who doesn't love me back and then there is you, who claims to love me but is holding me hostage" Ishan broke down, sitting on the floor and crying his heart out. He wants to be optimistic, wants to believe that Shubhman will come to find him but what can he do? He has been locked in here for more than a week and yet there was no sign of Shubhman.

"Baby please don't say such things. You are my life, I can never think about killing you." Mayank cradled his cheeks in his hands "I am sorry I hurt you, that's why you are crying n? I will bandage it, wait here."

Mayank patched up Ishan's wound, kissed his forehead and started collecting his stuff before leaving for the office "Take care, Ishu, I will be back soon. If you need anything make Shera call me okay? Be a good boy and don't try to act up. I don't like hurting you, please don't do anything to provoke me like last time" With this, Mayank left for the office.

Ishan didn't move from where he was sitting on the floor for a good while. He didn't know when he zoned out and as soon as he realised that, he stood up to take a bath and eat something.
.
.
.
.
.
Staring out of the window and thinking of how his life had become hell was all Ishan could do in the past week. It has become his habit, sitting on the window sill and cursing himself every day after Mayank went out.

He replayed how Mayank treated him very respectfully and delicately the first day they landed in NYC. These hits started after Mayank found Ishan trying to sneak out of the house. Ishan just wanted to hear Shubhman's voice. He wasn't given any phone neither was there a telephone in the house. So he did what he had to, he sneaked out but the 2 goons placed outside by Mayank caught him and locked him in.
.
.
.
.
[

"Ishan give me one good reason and I will not say anything. What. Were. You. Sneaking. Out. For?" "I-I just wanted, I just wanted to talk to Shubhman...just once, I swear just once, I will never call him again." Mayank's eyes narrowed in anger, he stomped towards Ishan and his hand connected with his cheeks.