Breaking Into Pieces

Ishan felt like he had not slept in months. Somehow opening his eyes, he tried to sit back by taking support of the headrest.

He stretched his neck in an attempt to pop the knots and that's when he noticed someone sleeping on the chair next to the bed.

'Eh, what's Shubhman doing sleeping like this?! Does he want to end up with a sore back? Are cricketers supposed to be that reckless!'

His eyes went towards the table on which Shubhman's head rested. It was littered with various medicines, a thermometer, a water-filled bowl and a cloth. The morning drowsiness made him incapable of thinking much, he simply shrugged his shoulders.

He remembers feeling like shit, due to his body and because he was so rude to Sara. The girl honestly didn't deserve it. He made a mental note to ask for her forgiveness.

He slowly pulled away the blanket and stood up. Not wanting to disturb Shubhman, he kept his steps light. He twisted the bathroom door knob and was about to enter when he felt someone holding his wrist. He jolted and tried to pull his hands back but the grip got tighter.

"What are you doing so early in the morning? You need rest. Get back in the bed." He heard Shubhman say, his voice a bit raspy due to sleep.

"It's not morning Shubhman, it's already past 12 and I have not even brushed my teeth".

"Hmmm...go ahead but be quick. You are not supposed to be in contact with water for long." "Why??" Ishan was confused.

"Are you really that thick? You fainted right in front of me, that too with your whole body burning up like a furnace. Look I don't want to spoil my mood first thing after waking up. Go freshen up and come downstairs for lunch"

Ishan slowly nodded his head, at a loss of words. Did he have a fever yesterday? Is that why his whole body felt weird? He quickly brushed his teeth and went back inside the room.

He suddenly felt lightheaded and in an attempt to hold the table, the flower vase kept there was knocked off it, breaking into pieces with a loud bang.

'Shit, Shubhman's gonna scold me so hard'. He quickly bent down and started picking up the pieces. His blurry vision and lightheadedness made it difficult to concentrate.

He felt an excruciating pain in the fore and middle finger of his right hand but ignored it, wanting to clean up the mess as soon as possible.

"What did you do now you little- hey, hey hey, Ishan, fuck! Your hand is bleeding. Leave those and stand up now!" Shubhman quickly walked towards a crying Ishan, who was picking up the pieces with his hurt hand. Ishan stood up but staggered back due to his body still being weak.

Shubhman gently held Ishan from his waist and helped him sit on the bed.

"I'm so sorry Shubhman, I will pay you for the Vase. I'm so sorry, shit, I'm so useless, ruining things every time. I will pay it in installments but-" "Hey Ishan, breathe first okay? Take deep breaths in  & deep breaths out."

Ishan tried to focus on Shubhman's words meanwhile Shubhman took out Ishan's inhaler from the drawer "Here take this if you need it" Ishan nodded his head and inhaled the medicine. Feeling himself relaxed he choked out a "Thank you".

Shubhman stood there for a while. Not realising what he was doing, he softly brushed off the tears from Ishan's face. Ishan looked up at him with his big doe eyes, breaking Shubhman's trance. He coughed twice and went to the kitchen.

Ishan kept staring at his fingers, he noticed just now that the cuts were actually deep. 'How do I always manage to fuck things up. It's not been even 1 month and I have already bothered him so much-'

Soon he saw Shubhman entering the room with a bowl and a first aid kit. Shubhman knelt down in front of Ishan and took hold of his bleeding hand, submerging it in the cold water to clean the blood.

He then applied diluted Dettol and sanitized the cuts. Finally bandaging up the wound after applying medicine. "You know how to bandage?" Ishan asked, amused by how quick Shubhman was with his hands.

"Perks of getting injured every now and then," Shubhman said and stood up, fishing out his phone. "Bring lunch to my room," he said on the phone. Soon, the lunch was served.

"Shubhman.." "Mhmmm??" "I don't have the appetite can't I eat later?" Shubhman banged his hand on the table "Are you joking Ishan Kishan?! Do me a favour, tell me the last time you had a proper meal."

Ishan was silent "What? Don't remember? Let me tell you. According to the doctor, our little princess here hadn't had any proper meal in the last 60 hours. What are you, a fucking robot?!"

Shubhman rubbed his hands on his face, trying to cool down. "Listen, Ishan, you are sick and I don't want to scold you but I'm not your nanny. I have just come back from a series and I had to take care of you all night. If I had known you were a trouble-"

"Then let me go" Ishan whispered out. "Sorry? What did you just say?!" "I said then let me go. You want my body right? Take it, do whatever you want to me and let me free. I have been kicked out once, twice won't hurt. I'm no use to you anyway. I don't know why you are even keeping me around. Let's settle this now-" Saying this, Ishan started stripping off his shirt.....

---------------------------------------------------

Hello pookies. I'm sorry if there was some mistake in the chapter. I'm really sleepy but I wanted to update the story for you guys.

Also, I made the para shorter so it may be easier to read.

Hope you like it, Good night xx