(: Leaving Home :)

Third person POV

Iris left the Mayor's office and headed towards the taxi stand. She hailed a taxi and it drove off in the direction of the old laboratory. Iris had decided to ask Dr. Blake for a solution, since he was the only one who knew how dangerous the children's powers really were.

As soon as the taxi stopped, she ran inside and called out for Dr. Blake, but bumped into Janet instead.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Janet said as she rubbed her head. "Who are you?"

"I'm Iris, the Mayor's assistant," she replied. "I need to see Dr. Blake, can you take me to him?"

Janet smiled. "Of course! I'm Janet by the the way."

They walked to the main testing room where Dr. Blake was pacing the room, deep in thought.

"Dr. Blake," Janet said, breaking him from his thoughts. "The Mayor's assistant is here to see you."

He plastered a fake smile on his face. "Welcome! How can I help you?" He said, while the three of them sat around one of the tables.

"The Mayor wants to get rid of the kids with superpowers," she sighed and their eyes widened.

"Why would he want to do that?" Janet asked.

"The entire city thinks that they are dangerous," she replied and Dr. Blake could feel an idea to make his plan work. He cleared his throat.

"The kids can be sent back with me and Janet. We will do research on them and not send them back until they are completely skilled in their powers."

"You'd really do that?" Iris asked.

He nodded. "No payment required, I'll take care of the and teach them for as long as it takes." He gave her a warm smile but only he knew his true intentions.

But Iris believed his act and sighed in relief. "Wow, that's great. I was worried where these kids would go. I'm glad that they'll be in good hands."

Iris left and Dr. Blake smiled to himself. "Janet, we have to bring 59 children back with us. Contact the headquarters and tell them to start making preparations."

Janet nodded before leaving the room. "Yes, sir."

Dr. Blake pulled out a sheet of paper as soon as she left.

Step 1. Take the children

"I think this might work out after all."

~~~

A few weeks after the conversation in the laboratory, arrangements were made to transport the kids out of BFB City. They were to go back with Dr. Blake and Janet until they could fully control their powers. The children were lined up outside the Mayor's office and were desperately clinging onto their parents.

"Mum, Dad, I'm scared," Pillow whispered to her parents.

"I know, but you're going to be fine," her father reassured her.

Her mother nodded. "All your friends are going with you, it'll be fun."

Pillow nodded dejectedly while her parents left her alone to go and chat with some other parents. She looked around and spotted her friends so she ran to them.

"Pillow!" Bottle sobbed when she saw her. "I don't want to leave!"

"Me too." Pillow pouted while Black Hole and Tree tried comforting Bottle.

"You know Bottle, maybe it'll be nice. We'll probably be back soon," Tree said and put an arm around her.

"Yeah, he's right," Black Hole replied, even though he didn't like the fact that they had to leave either.