(: Field trip and something else Part 2 :)

Leafy POV

I rubbed my eyes as I woke up and shielded them from the bright light. I was just about to stand up when I looked around and realized where I was. Oh great, I was still up here. You would think that a bunch of adults could help a six-year-old, but no, they were pretty useless. I sighed as I glanced down and spotted a bunch of people all discussing something, but since I was so high up, I couldn't hear a word of what they were saying. I decided to remind them that I was here by shouting.

"Hello? I'm still up here! When are you all going to get me down?"

They all looked up at me with panicked expressions. Then they turned away and continued speaking for a while. I groaned. My hands were starting to get sweaty because of the heat and the fact that I wasn't allowed to move them. I don't know how the roots suddenly appeared out of nowhere, but according to what Pin told me, I was causing them to appear by moving my hands. It's probably not true since superpowers aren't real, right? I was broken from my train of thought as I saw two people hurriedly making their way to join the group below. Even though I was so high up, I was able to recognize that they were my parents. I smiled and waved at them.

"Hi Mum! Hi Dad!" I shouted before immediately regretting my decision. The roots grew almost immediately, and I was even higher in the sky.

"Don't move Leafy!" My Mum shouted from below. I couldn't see her properly anymore, but I knew she would be worried, so I stopped moving. However, I started to feel myself slowly slipping off. I gulped as I moved back with my legs.

"Get me down fast, I'm slipping!"

~~~

Lillian POV

Oh dear, how did my sweet girl get herself into this mess? This was definitely going to be the last time I trusted this school with my daughter. I felt my head spinning as I held onto Ethan for support.

"Someone get her a chair!" He ordered as one of the so-called 'rescuers' quickly ran to grab me a chair. I sat on the chair and looked up to where Leafy was. Ethan handed me a water bottle, and I quickly gulped it down. I calmed down a bit for the sake of my daughter and turned to the rescue team.

"When will you get my daughter down?" I questioned them.

They all looked at each other nervously before one of them finally turned to me with a somber expression.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Evergreen, but we can't save her."

Everyone was silent for a few seconds before Ethan finally blurted out, "What do you mean?"

"We planned to make her jump onto a life net before, but now she's so high up that we can't even see her," the same man continued.

Ethan immediately understood what the rescuer said, and he sank down to his knees with tears in his eyes. I looked at him, confused, and then at the two teachers who were standing there, wiping the tears from their eyes.

"Then what do we do?" I asked them, still not understanding.

"There's nothing left to do," A female rescuer told me pitifully, "I suggest you don't stay here when she falls."

"What!" I exclaimed as I jumped up on my feet, "No, no! There has to be something, anything we can do!" My face had turned pale, and my throat started to hurt.

She shook her head and turned to her team. "Someone call the funeral arrangers."

"No!" I shouted, and I started hitting my head with my hands as tears flowed down my face. I didn't care about anyone or anything in that moment. The only thing I wanted was for my Leafy to be safe, but she would soon be gone.