(: To the Laboratory! :)

Third person POV

Dr. Blake and his assistant Janet had just arrived in BFB City. The Mayor had welcomed them with open and desperate arms, and they were given a huge laboratory and anything else they needed to run tests on the children. The laboratory was 2 stories tall and had many big testing rooms, a waiting room, and five bedrooms. It was dirty since it hadn't been used in years, but it was cleaned a while before their arrival. Dr. Blake and Janet entered the old building.

"Sir."

"What is it Janet?"

Janet looked around cautiously. "This place is safe, right?"

Dr. Blake groaned. "For the thousandth time, Janet, yes! Stop worrying; we have a lot of work to do."

She nodded and followed him deeper into the laboratory. After searching for what seemed like hours, they finally managed to find the bedrooms.

"Go unpack or do whatever you need to do, and then meet me in the main testing room." Dr. Blake gave Janet a blueprint of the place. "And use this to find it so that you don't get lost."

"Yes sir."

She entered one of the rooms, locking the door behind her. Dr. Blake entered another room and left immediately after throwing his bag onto the bed. He couldn't wait to get started on this new project, powers, he thought; even the word made him excited. Using a blueprint of his own, he managed to find the main testing room, which was located right next to the waiting room. It would make his job easier to escort the children to the testing room. He looked around the room, pleased with it. The room had two divisions, one where the children would go and one where he would run the tests. The room was equipped with different things that could be used to run the tests, as well as many safety and emergency items. Now all he needed were the children.

~~~

"Hey, what's this?" Diana asked Gina, pointing to her phone. The two friends had gone to the supermarket to do their weekly grocery shopping when Diana received a message on her phone.

"Oh, testing. Ya,  I heard about that."

Gina pulled out her phone, "I've got the message too."

(Why is it so big lol)

"But what does it mean?" Diana asked again

"Those two girls with the powers, remember? The Mayor thinks the children are dangerous and has called a specialist to examine them and run some tests on them." She explained.

"What! How am I just hearing about this?" She exclaimed.

Gina shrugged and playfully nudged her friend. "You have been living under a rock..."

Diana smacked her playfully on the back, half smiling. "I don't think it's safe to be sending our children for testing."

"Well, at first, neither did I. But it's not like we have a choice, it's all Mister Ford's decision." Gina shrugged. "We just have to do as told."

"Are the powers even such a dangerous thing?"

"Well, not all. I mean, one of the girl's powers was folding things and making them come to life, and that isn't that dangerous. But the other can literally cause roots to shoot out of the ground with just her hand movement! Don't you think that's dangerous?"

"I guess?"

The friends went to the checkout to pay for their items before leaving the store. Suddenly, Gina received a phone call. After answering it, she turned to Diana.

"It seems that your babysitter ran off halfway again. Ryan picked Donut up; he's at our place."

Diana groaned, "I have got to find a better babysitter."

"We would be happy to-"

"No, Gina, there's no need."

"Oh come on! You've been dealing with so much lately! We just want to help."

"Really Gin, I can take care of myself. Stop worrying." Diana said.

She nodded, knowing that her friend would never give in.

——— Time skip ———

And now, half of the kindergarteners were piled in a bus, heading to the laboratory. Leafy had recovered quicker than most people would have expected her to, and she had returned to her cheery self once again. Her family owed Leafy's life to Foldy, and Firey I guess, and wouldn't stop thanking them every time they met. It was how Leafy and Foldy started growing closer. They were proud to be the only two who had discovered their powers so far.

"No, my power is way better!" Leafy argued when Foldy was bragging about how cool her power was.

"Oh yeah, it's so cool that the doctors have tied your hands to your sides," Foldy replied, rolling her eyes.

Leafy scoffed, "My powers are so powerful that I had to have my hands tied down."

"You both are lucky that you've even got powers," Clock said, before Foldy could argue back.

The other children nodded. "I wonder what my power will be like," Lightning chimed in.

"That's if we will even get powers," Golf Ball said, adjusting her glasses. "The chances for that happening are at a 49.999% chance!"

"No one asked you, Gb," Eraser replied, irritated that she didn't believe that they would receive their powers.

Barf Bag nodded. "Yeah! I bet we're all going to get super cool powers."

"Believe whatever you like," Golf Ball said. She grumbled under her breath, "If only Tb was here."

"I hope I get a cool power," Blocky said, and everyone started saying what power they would want to have.

"I want to fly!"

"I want to teleport!"

"I want to become invisible!"

"I want to eat candy!"

Everyone turned to stare at Bottle, who was smiling widely at her choice of power.

"Umm, Bottle, that's not a power. You could do that all the time," Ice Cube told her kindly.

Black Hole rummaged through Bottle's bag and pulled out a candy bar before handing it to her. She teared the wrapper and munched at it happily.

"She doesn't care about what we're talking about. She just randomly wants things, and she's so dumb she can't get things herself."

"Hey! That's not nice!" Eggy exclaimed.

"How did you even know that she was carrying a candy bar in her bag?" Gaty asked him.

"Bottle's Mum asked me to just give things to her. I don't know why she doesn't understand." Black Hole replied.

"Maybe she's just a slow learner," Flower suggested.

"Whatever," Balloony said. "Generating candy would be a cool power."

"But that's not what sh-"

"We're here, kids! Everyone, get off the bus!" Ms. April exclaimed. They were having so much fun that they didn't even realise that they had arrived. The children got off the bus and gaped at the huge building. Mrs. Hudson rubbed her hands together.

"Ready kids?"

But if only they knew that at that moment, going into the laboratory would change their lives.

Forever.

———

Short chapter because I didn't really want to make it very long, but yeah.

Feedback would be appreciated!