(: All thanks to the tears :)

Needle POV

"Needle! Come here!"

"Coming Mum!"

I had just come back from kindergarten. I had just told my mother that I was tired and wanted to rest in my room. In my opinion, they should be glad that I was continuing school, especially after what had happened in the previous year...

-------- Flashback --------

'Wow! This place is so big! I hope it's as fun as Mum and Dad said it would be!' I said to myself as I sat at one of the tables empty tables. I looked around as other children came in, escorted by a lovely-looking lady. The other children had colorful hair too! I smiled to myself, maybe I'll make some friends, who knew? Soon the whole classroom was packed with children, all looking a bit nervous. It was a big day for us after all, we were big kids now! The same lady who had ushered everyone in stepped to the front of the class. She didn't have colorful hair like us, she had brown hair like my mum and her eyes were brown as well. She looked rather dull considering the other bright colors in the room. She beamed down at us.

"Good morning everyone! I am Ms. April, and I will be your teacher this year. Welcome to Preschool!" she said while going through some sheets of paper.

"Since today is your first day here, the only thing that we will be doing today is getting to know each other, so everyone, you have 15 minutes to talk to your table mates!"

As soon as she gave the cue, the quietness of the classroom had vanished and was replaced with loud chatting. I turned to my table which consisted of seven other people. Excluding me, there were 3 girls and 4 boys who all seemed to already know each other.

"Hi, I'm Needle!" I said, facing a girl who had long purple hair. "What's your name?"

The girl gave me an annoyed look, "Lollipop," she responded before turning back to talk to the two other girls.

"Oh! That's a nice name," I told her joyfully while she cast me another weird look.

"I'm busy, can't you tell?" she scoffed before ignoring me completely.

I sat there dumbfounded, had I said something wrong? I was just being nice like my parents thought me, but Lollipop was acting so rude. I scanned the room and it seemed that everyone was engaged in a conversation except for me. I felt a lump in my throat, no, I wasn't going to cry, not on the first day. I calmed myself down before continuing to watch the other kids interact somberly.

-------- Time skip --------

"Alright, everyone! It's time for recess! Everyone form two lines," Ms. April commanded.

We all formed two lines as per her instructions and were led down to a playground. I grinned, it looked like so much fun! Surely I would be able to make friends here. The playground had multiple different colored slides and swings, and some older kids were running around. I knew they were older because they were bigger and their hair wasn't colorful and from what I've heard, only those who were born in our year had colorful hair. Our teacher smiled at us.

"Alright everyone, go have fun!"

I ran off in search of something or someone to play with. As I was walking and wondering what to do next, I accidentally bumped into one of the older girls.

"Ouch!" We exclaimed as we both fell backward.

The girl's friends rushed over to help her up and ask her if she was alright. They all looked at me angrily and one of them came towards me as I picked myself up.

"Watch where you're going freak!" she said shoving me hard. Since they were bigger and stronger than I was, I fell down and scraped my knee, blood flowing from it. I looked down horrified as tears filled my eyes.