Chapter 27

Pregnancy is no joke. I've been stuck in this bathroom for almost an hour. My head above the toilet bowl (that has been forced to endure my constant vomiting) while I'm still waiting for the nausea to go away. Hendrix stood by the door before kneeling beside me. His calloused hands gathered up my hair into a rushed ponytail. "Once you are ready, I will pick you up and take you to bed and make some soup while you rest." Clinging onto my stomach while puke poured out my mouth, Hendrix reassured me that everything would be ok while doing the same circular motion on my back. My head pounded with each round of nausea. "Get it all out of your system hun." He rubbed my shoulders and patted my back every time I coughed or choked on a chunk of vomit in my throat. Disgusting of me to describe it that way but it's the truth. "I think it's over." reaching up to wipe the sick from around my mouth, the sickness my body was experiencing slowly started to fade but was still evident. my throat felt so dry and sore from the amount of vomit that came up. Flushing the toilet to allow the puke to disappear, my head continued to throb.

Hendrix lifted me into his arms and carried me to the bed. It was the type you would find in any other trailer. Looked basic and was foldable but comfy. He smothered me with the covers and placed a trash can beside me. "Just in case you can't make it to the bathroom throw up in the trash can." Hendrix attempts to kiss my lips but I turn my head the other way refusing. "Not right now baby." I face his direction and rest my head against the pillow. "Can I kiss your forehead?" he asks while tucking a hair behind my ear. I nod in response and watch as his face lights up. Truth be told, he could kiss me anywhere but not my lips after I've thrown up. He planted a soft kiss on my forehead and plants another on my cheek. "I'm going to make you some soup do you have any requests?" Hendrix leans against the door frame while awaiting an answer. "Chicken noodle soup please." I don't feel that hungry but I need to eat something. "Coming right up." He says playfully before disappearing into the kitchen. Maybe a quick nap would help get rid of my nausea. Just as I began drifting off into a deep sleep, my phone buzzed indicating a notification from the friend app I downloaded a while ago. Someone is texting me. Picking up the glowing phone with hesitation, a message appeared on the screen. 

Luke: Hey haven't heard from you in a while. Where are you right now?

Why is Luke messaging me now out of all times? He hasn't messaged me in months which makes this strange. Maybe he's just checking up on me. Unlocking the phone to reply to his message, nausea returned once again only this time, it was caused by anxiety. I've never met Luke in person and never had the opportunity to do so. We have never called or been on facetime. The only way we have communicated was on text. Any normal person would think he is catfishing me or tricking me into thinking he is a friend. Like could be an old prick behind a screen messaging a younger girl in hopes of getting laid. Bur there is always a chance he could just be a normal guy who is socially awkward. 

Fae: Me and Hendrix have gone away from home to relax for a while. We haven't talked in ages! Long story short but I'm pregnant and we want to be comfortable and have time to ourselves until the baby is born. 

Luke: That is so sweet! You never told me you two were dating. How long have you been together?

Fae: About a couple months but it feels like it's been ages.

Luke: Could you tell me where you are exactly so we can arrange a meetup?

Fae: We don't want visitors here sorry. 

Luke: Alright.

The conversation ended there. I didn't want to carry it on because truth be told, I feel way too nauseous to socialise. Also, why did he only start messaging me now? It's wrong to lie to friends but I wouldn't want to worry him by saying there is a stalker that is making us feel unsafe. If I told him that, he would probably want to hear the whole story.

The aroma filled with chicken noodle soup and spices. It smelled so comforting and savoury. It filled my nose making me feel relaxed. The scent grew stronger the closer Hendrix got to the bedroom. "Right drink some of this water first." He handed me a cold glass of plain water. I drank at least half of the cup before putting it on the bedside table and waited for the main meal. Hendrix placed the tray that held the warm bowl of soup above my legs.

this is what the chicken noodle soup looked like:

"Take your time eating, it is very hot." He warned while sitting on the other side of the bed beside me. I lifted the spoon to my lips and sipped cautiously. So delicious. It warmed my insides and made me feel one hundred times better. I finished the entire bowl in a matter of 10 minutes while me and Hendrix talked about our future plans together and the baby. "Thank you for making me food." he smiled in response while reaching to his side and grasping an acoustic guitar. He started strumming the chords peacefully. "Trying to serenade me?" These were the exact same words I said when he first showed me his guitars. He offered up his hand just like in the past and waited patiently. It's like he knows he has got me to love someone again. Without hesitation, my palm rested in his allowing our skin to become one. He guided it towards his guitar only this time, I didn't flinch. Climbing into his lap, he placed the guitar in my arms and helped me play. I'm not completely confident playing the guitar independently but that can be fixed. Nothing could ever split me and Hendrix up. Not anymore. We love each other and always will.  Even if we argue we will always find a way to get back together again.