Chapter 3

The bar wasn't too packed with people but there was a good amount of eyes watching me strut into the room like a model on a runway. The men who managed to catch a glimpse of me making my way to the bar had dropped their jaws completely. Even the women seemed to be impressed. Some of them even smiled at me despite their boyfriends laying their greedy eyes on my body. The aesthetic was supposed to drive people away from me yet it's doing the complete opposite. I have a feeling some people could smell my perfume. The smell isn't too different from other ladies as they are most likely using the same brand. Despite that, men still constantly let in deep breaths whenever I walked passed them. Finally reaching the bar, my throat became parched. Sitting down on a stool with men sitting on either side of me, I ask the bartender for a beer. "Here is your drink young lady and no payment is needed its on the house." That's unusually kind of him. This guy is so stupid for giving a stranger a free drink. Dumb but also generous. I could be a murderer and he would still give me a free drink just because of my beauty. "Thank you so much sir you have a good night." My lips wrapped around the corner of the glass allowing me to drink slowly. The taste was slightly bitter and tangy but it didn't put me off. 

The guy serving me attempted to flirt with me. A sad attempt but at least he tried. It's the thought that counts. "You look so sexy and must be a fucking beauty underneath those clothes." he sounded like a teenage boy trying to turn their girlfriend on for the first time. My sorry ass decided to be nice to him because it's better to think rude thoughts than saying them to people who could be struggling. I doubt he has any personal issues but it's still better to be kind. Sipping on my beer, my eyes focused on the various people dancing. Some Men and women would occasionally go up on the mini stage in front of the bar to sing or play instruments. It didn't take long for my beer bottle to become empty. The feeling of guilt drowned me so I didn't ask for another drink. What if the bartender struggled financially? it would be cruel to ask for a free drink. He must read minds or something or he noticed the empty bottle longing inside my hand. He gave me a different glass cup with an unrecognizable drink inside. His winking returned straight after I put the straw to my mouth hesitant to try the different beverage. The bartender seemed to be busy serving the other customers so I could throw away the drink. But I became curious and wanted to see what was inside. My lips wrapped around the straw and sipped nervously while trying to guess what was inside the drink. It had whiskey and some other alcohol but it tasted really weird. I continued to sip on the drink hoping my tastebuds would get used to the odd flavour.

Suddenly, everyone started cheering loudly. I faced the direction of the mini stage and waited patiently to see the mystery person everyone was cheering for. A tall guy with dark, grey ripped jeans and a black, tight compression shirt walked on stage with full enthusiasm. Why did he seem familiar? I paid full attention to his performance to try to figure out who he was and when I'd seen him before. He began to play "Animal I Have Become" on his electric guitar. He seems like he is incredibly talented with his fingers. Not a single moment of the song sounded bad. He began to sing along with the lyrics before doing a guitar solo that seemed difficult for anyone else to do. He was good. He must be the best guitarist in this building. As soon as he finished everyone erupted in cheers. I clapped my hands along with the audience to show respect. He thanked the audience multiple times while taking in his short moment of fame then walked off stage. I tried to brush off the multiple unanswered questions I had inside my head by sipping more of my nearly empty drink. The same man who played on stage approached the bar and started talking to the bartender. He ordered a bottle of beer yet it seemed like he wasn't being charged either. Curiosity took over and got me to walk over to him. Every time I drink alcohol, confidence always makes me do stupid shit or things I wouldn't usually do.

"Hey, your cover was really good." I rested a hand against my hip and raised my head high. He drank more beer from his bottle before placing it on the bar side and facing me so we were face-to-face. The unnecessary amount of eye contact did start to make me feel uncomfortable but it also gave me the chance to get a really good look at him. His eyes represented tsunami-like waves. They reminded me of the deep ocean. His hair was a soft blond colour. He had visible tattoos on his arms and hands. They looked hot. But unfortunately, my rule still applies to romance. My eyes immediately snapped away from his muscles and his well-defined jaw. I tried to focus on something unsexy like the old guy behind him. If I didn't hate interacting with men romantically or sexually I might have actually fucked him. "Thanks" he responded while undressing me with his eyes. All I have to do is start a conversation without flirting or being awkward. "Are you friends with the bartender or something? It didn't seem like he charged you for the beer you're drinking." 

He tilted the bottle back finishing every little drop inside his bottle then tapped the table twice like a form of morse code. It seemed to be some type of code as it immediately got the bartender's attention. He brought him a fresh bottle of beer and went back to serving other people. "The bartender is one of my closest friends his name is Trevor. What brings a young girl like you in here anyway?" He takes a quick swig of beer while smirking. "Excuse me? I'm 28, not 16! What are you like ancient?" He snorts in response to my joke and chokes on his drink a little bit. 

"33 years old actually." He drank the final sips of his drink before asking for a few shots. Trevor handed him a few shot glasses and filled them each with alcohol. He noticed me glancing at him and handed me another mystery drink for free. I confidently took a big swig out of the drink expecting it to be delicious or at least tolerable only to be proven wrong. The strong taste of vodka hit the back of my throat making me gag. It was like a fiery wave burning my flesh from the inside out. "Why is this drink so fucking strong!" The blond guy, whose name I still do not know, grabbed my drink and inspected the cup. "Because this drink is straight-up vodka did you order that?" My throat started burning excruciatingly. "No of course not who the fuck would drink straight-up vodka?!!" My mouth began to fill with saliva as nausea began to build up. 

Saving myself from embarrassment, I sprinted outside until my legs collapsed on the hard gravel. My hands rested in front of me preparing for what was about to happen. Immediately, the burning sensation built up my esophagus as the acid-like taste of vomit filled my mouth. I let it out not holding back. "Holy shit what else did you drink?" Realization hit quicker than the vomit coming out my throat. He is the same guy that wore that shady hoodie. He knelt beside me while maintaining eye contact. "Did you follow me-" I couldn't finish my sentence before another round of puke came back up. "Because you shouldn't be left alone in a vulnerable situation." I scoffed before immediately throwing up once again only this time, the mystery guy had the loose pieces of my hair held back with one of his hands while his other hand focused on rubbing my back in slow, circular moments.

"Why are you helping me-" I immediately heaved at the view of vomit dripping down my blouse.  Mascara-coated tears stained my skin. "Quit trying to speak." He removed his shirt using one hand showing many other tattoos and toned abs. I focused on the puddle of sick in front of me to avoid looking at him any longer. Without thinking, he handed me his shirt and stood up. "I'm going to take you to the bathroom so you can sort yourself out." My eyes refused to look back into his. 

Suddenly, his arms rested underneath my body while he lifted me up into his strong arms. I was like a damsel in distress getting carried bridal style by their knight in suit armour. I was in no state to fight back against him. We managed to get inside the bar without noticing other people around us. Most people were highly intoxicated and grinding on one another. Once we reached the bathrooms, he stood me back up and rested against the door frame. "It would be best to ditch the dress and just buy a new one. I don't think either of us would want to smell puke on the drive back home." He waited in place guarding the door waiting for me to finish cleaning up my mess. My blouse was unsalvageable and drenched with vomit. Luckily, the skirt seemed to be clean. Throwing on the shirt at a quick rate, I strutted outside like nothing happened. He proceeded to walk me outside and to his car so we could leave.