Chapter 27 - Lies and Omissions

Seeing my little moons laid back, full bellies and satiated little faces, my heart was full to near bursting. I wasn't thinking when I approached the Troineks, but staying on Farris was not an option. This wasn't just about the Robah or Louie or me any more. I had to protect these little fellows until they were old enough to protect themselves. I might not have been excited about them when I first discovered them, but now I couldn't imagine them not being a part of this adventure.

I reached out and scooped them up, reeling at how much they had grown. "Drin," I muttered. "How the hell am I supposed to hide these little guys now?" I asked, looking to Louie to scoop up the other three.

She helped me move their snoozing little bodies to the bed and I laid down with them snuggled up against me. Louie took up a position on the opposite side of the bed so that they were blocked from falling off or rolling away. We lay there, looking at each other over the Rothulings.

"Call him back," I advised, seeing her bracer light up again.

"He can wait. Call your cra- Tyrfing."

I tapped my own bracer, "Tyrfing."

"Yes, Captain?" Came back the immediate response.

"So you do acknowledge that I am the Captain, Riopee Tyrfing?" I asked back.

"Correct. Captain Xoxo Tyrfing is captain of Riopee-378-dacel, named Tyrfing."

"Tyrfing, can you rendezvous with the Troinek vessel transporting us?" I asked.

"Negative, Captain. Troinek vessel is on intercept course with Gelvonian cruiser, and interstellar tribunal council."

Louie and I both jerked into upright positions. "Explain, Tyrfing."

"Intercepted, interstellar communication. Voice confirmation, Gelvonian. Rank Captain. Name Nafain. Relaying transmission: 'I have confirmed the location of the missing persons and coordinated the arrest of the fugitive Louie Rubble, and the safe return of the Olnari host Xoxo Tyrfing to Rothulian emissary Kek and his security detail for the repatriation of the hostaged Rothuling young-'"

"That son of a bitch," Louie seethed, refusing to hear anymore..

Our safe transport was now going to be a showdown between the Troineks, Caldum, Rothulians and Nafain leading the Gelvonians.

"Tryfing, set intercept course," I directed the ship.

"Cannot confirm identity," Tryfing responded immediately.

"Tyrfing, I had you scan my body for biological changes, remember? The parameters dropped by a margin of forty percent. Please confirm biological screening parameters," I directed it, hoping like hell that this was enough.

Louie looked at me as if in understanding. I had my ship scan my entire body before we ever went to the Bazaar to shop. I trusted Louie, but I needed to know for myself what I had gotten into with the spores.

"Authorization acknowledged," came the response after several tense moments.

"Tyrfing, how much time do we have until rendez-vous and intercept?" Louie asked, over my bracer.

"One solar day."

I ended the call on my side and nodded for Louie to get things moving on her end. Louie shook her head. "We need to make sure the Troineks delay this shit for as long as it takes for Tyrfing to get here."

I nodded in understanding, but my eyes were suddenly very heavy. Louie smirked and rolled onto her back. "Get some sleep. I have an idea."

"Nafain, sweetie," she cooed through the comms link.