Chapter 5 - Wind

I fucked up!

What would she think about us... about her... na rebound lang siya? Dapat ba hindi ko na lang tinulungan si Bianca? Bakit ba kasi kailangang sabihin ni Bianca ang mga 'yon? And why the hell did I compare her to coffee?

Hindi gano'ng klase ng confession ang deserve ni Aliyah. Fuck! I hate myself!

And her eyes when I told her about Tito Rod... she knew I was lying!

Damn it Andrew!
How can I keep her? How can I protect her kung ganito kami ngayon?

Matapos kong mag-shower ay dumiretso na ako sa kwarto kahit alam ko namang hindi agad ako makakatulog, kahit pa napagod ako sa long-drive. Pinipigilan ko ang sariling kumatok sa kwarto ni Aliyah. I wanted to ask her if she's okay. I wanted to tell her the truth, but the less she knows... the safer she will be.

Sa ilang oras na magkasama kami simula kagabi, ilang beses ko 'rin siyang nakitang umiyak. My weakness, 'crying Aliyah' and to think that I am the reason why she cried makes me hate myself more.

Mabilis siyang umiyak... she's so fragile, yet she's so strong. She knows what she wants, and she will fight for it. Just like the first time I saw her... crying but standing for herself... fighting.

"Why would he say that? I hate him... I hate him!"
The woman said, talking to someone on her phone, as she entered the backseat of my car.

Sino 'to? I asked myself. Bakit siya pumasok sa sasakyan ko?

"Kuya, Tower 1 po ako, 'yong may laundry shop sa baba."

Mahinhing sabi ng babae, not looking at me. Focusing on her phone.

Shit! Does she think I'm her Grab driver? Bakit ba naman kasi ang tagal bumaba ni Leo eh! How will I tell her that I'm not. This is so awkward. 'Miss, hindi ako Grab' or 'Miss, sorry baba ka na lang, I'm actually waiting for my friend' or 'Miss, sorry wrong car po'

Bahala na, basta papababain ko siya in a nice way, 'yong hindi siya ma-o-offend. I took a sigh then faced her. She was still talking to someone on her phone.

"Ahm... Miss sorry, but I'm not a—"

I was stunned because she started crying. A stranger inside my car is crying... na para bang pasan niya ang lahat ng problema ng mundo.

I started driving. Hindi ko siya magawang tignan. I wanted to give her at least that moment. She seems so lonely, and I don't want to make it more awkward for her. So, I just drove silently.

"Steph! Can you believe that? Sabi ni Daddy kung ayaw ko raw maging involve sa company, might as well ipakasal niya na lang ako to someone who can do that!"

She sobbed.

"Ugh! I hate him Steph! I don't need a man to love me, Steph. I don't need a man!"

"Makikita ni Daddy! Once maayos ko 'yong Café ni Mommy I'll prove to him na I can do life on my own. Hindi ko kailangan ng pera niya! I'll do what I want Steph... no one can stop me! Even him!"

Feisty. That's my first impression about her. She has long wavy black hair. Her almond eyes expressing longing. Her red lips painting sadness on her face. But still, I found her so beautiful even when she's crying.

Without looking at her, inabot ko sa kaniya ang tissue box na nasa dashboard ng sasakyan ko. She took it and she quickly wiped her tears.

"Thank you po, kuya," she said with her angelic voice without looking at me.

Kuya? Do I look that old? I smiled and continued driving for about ten minutes. The whole ride I can hear her sobs. I can't help but feel sorry for her.