Taemin forced a smile,"Okay, let's go," he agreed, though his voice lacked its usual enthusiasm.

As they made their way to the ice cream parlor, Taemin's facade of composure began to crumble. Taehyung could see the tears welling up in his son's eyes, and his heart ached at the sight.

Without a word, Taehyung stopped the car and turned to Jungkook, signaling him to go backwards,

Jungkook gave Taehyung a nod and then they both got out of the car and went to the backseat.

Taehyung pulled Taemin into his arms without a word.

Feeling the warmth of his father's embrace, Taemin couldn't hold back his tears any longer. They streamed down his cheeks, his shoulders shaking with the weight of his emotions. Taehyung started patting his head slowly,

Jungkook, sitting beside them, placed a comforting hand on Taemin's back,

As Taemin's tears flowed freely, Taehyung and Jungkook instinctively wrapped him in their arms, just as they had when he was a baby.

"Shh, it's okay, Taemin," Taehyung murmured softly, "We're here for you, always."

Jungkook planted a tender kiss on the top of Taemin's head, his lips brushing against his son's soft hair. "You're safe with us, Taemin," he whispered, his voice filled with love and reassurance.

Taemin buried his face in Taehyung's chest, his tears dampening the fabric of his father's shirt.

Taemin's sobs gradually subsided, replaced by quiet sniffles as he clung to his father, finding solace in his presence.

After some time, Taehyung gently pulled away from the hug, his hands lingering on Taemin's cheeks as he cupped his face tenderly. He pressed a series of soft kisses to Taemin's tear-stained cheeks and forehead, his own eyes reflecting the love and compassion he felt for his son.

"Don't cry now, Taemin," Taehyung whispered, his voice gentle yet firm. "Otherwise, I'll start crying too, and we'll have a whole river in here."

Taemin managed a weak smile at Taehyung's attempt to lighten the mood, he nodded, his eyes still glistening with unshed tears, but the weight on his shoulders felt a little lighter.

Jungkook reached out, brushing away the remaining tears from Taemin's cheeks with his thumb, "You're so strong, Taemin," he murmured, "We're proud of you, always."

Taemin's smile grew a bit wider at Jungkook's words,

Then they went to eat ice cream.

After an hour.........

As they arrived home, Taemin was fast asleep in Jungkook's arms, his soft breaths steady and rhythmic. Taehyung carried him inside with careful steps, mindful not to disturb his peaceful slumber.

Jungkook watched them, a soft smile playing on his lips at the sight.

Once inside, Taehyung gently laid Taemin down on his bed, tucking him in with a gentle touch. Jungkook approached quietly, his expression filled with warmth as he watched his son sleep soundly.

After ensuring Taemin was comfortable, Taehyung joined Jungkook in the living room, where Jungkook had just received a text message. His brow furrowed slightly as he read the message from his doctor, informing him about an upcoming check-up and discussion about further treatment.

 His brow furrowed slightly as he read the message from his doctor, informing him about an upcoming check-up and discussion about further treatment