107 ☠️

Time seemed to be frozen as everyone's eyes were on me, all awaiting an answer, all expecting me to make a decision when even I didn't want to make it. "I..." I stammered, wishing so badly it wouldn't have come down to this. "I think it might be best to check the rooms," I said weakly, instantly looking down as I felt Changbin's hand slip, immediately being pulled back my Chan, now slightly behind him and Hyunjin. "But Y/N!" Jeongin called out desperately, but Hyunjin cut him off. "She made her choice, leave her alone." I couldn't get myself up to look at their faces, knowing the hurt and betrayal on them would instantly make me regret it.

With a deep breath, Changbin finally turned around, patting Jeongin on the shoulder. "Come on, let's get going." He glanced back once more time, our eyes finally meeting. "You're still welcome to join us later, of course. Please stay safe, okay? Stay strong, I believe in you." With that, he started to walk away, Jeongin finally tearing his watery eyes off me as he started to follow Changbin. "Yeah, we'll see you at the safe zone, okay?" Jeongin called back with a weak smile before the two disappeared down the first set of stairs at the end of the hallway. Holding back my emotions was harder than I had thought, but I couldn't show them. Not when I'd already made my decision.

"We should get started too," Chan said with a big sigh, rubbing my hand with his thumb as he held onto it, letting go before he could catch Hyunjin's glare. "How about we split up in rooms? I think it might save time," I offered. "Plus, we're all still close to each other anyways since it's all in one hallway, so if anything happens we'll be there in no time," I added. Though a little hesitant, Hyunjin backed me up. "I agree, I think the sooner we're out of this place the better." Chan hummed, seemingly convinced. "Sure, but let's stick close alright? No going down a story until we have everyone." Everyone, he sad. It was sad that in this case he only meant three people with that. "Sounds like a plan," I agreed, Hyunjin nodding too.

"Be careful out there okay? We don't know what's behind these doors, and I don't want anyone to get hurt," Chan warned, still a little worried about the suggestion. I tried my best to give him a reassuring smile, patting him on the shoulder. "We will, don't worry. And even if something goes wrong, we've got each other's back, I'm sure we'll be fine." Chan finally nodded, walking up to the first door in the hallway, after anxiously waiting a few seconds, finally pulling it open. Though anticipation was getting the best of me, watching a simply dark and almost empty classroom was probably one of the most anticlimactic things we'd seen so far. Still, who knew what could be there?

I pulled open the next one, another classroom appearing in front of my eyes. It was just as badly lit as the hallway, all illuminating it being just the exit sign. The windows had been blocked with what appeared to be cardboard on the outside, yet it was enough to see the gist of it. As he was sure it was safe, Hyunjin left for the room next to me, the three of us going into the first three rooms to check for anything useful that could be hidden between the classical chairs and desks. It wasn't hard to figure this was a school building, but the familiarity of it compared to the school I was in was what was freaking me out inside. Of course schools could be similar, but from it looked like, both the layout of the school, and the way the classrooms were decorated, could it really be a coincidence?

I took a deep breath, allowing myself to roam around, checking for anything of use. It was tough to see, but besides the regular things like the desks and chairs, chalkboards and cabinets, there wasn't much left in it. I tried to look at the chalkboard too, searching for any hidden meaning, but no luck. After a while, I went out again, going past Hyunjin to the next room. It wasn't hard to search, but certainly dull as we hadn't found anything useful so far at the top floor. As I walked by the both of them again, I went into the last room, just before the staircase. A sense of familiarity washed over me, looking at it. This classroom had been located where mine used to be as well, at the total end. It was always quite the walk when you were tired, but it gave space for more quiet and private conversations.

Maybe that had been the only reason the ten of us had been able to start planning this whole ordeal in the first place. The last class had always been a 'difficult' bunch put together. The trouble kids, as they called them. A few foreigners, a couple that went to juvenile, ones that had difficult behavior. Practically the most difficult girls out there. Maybe that's why the teacher had never seemed to bother with it. It was quite small, our class, but that was what made it better. I had never been a fan of crowds anyways. Not that was easy to fit in, especially since I enrolled halfway through the year, but apparently it was enough to let me at least try to join in. I let out a half hearted chuckle, finally going further into the room. I guess it wasn't enough though, seeing how easily they had casted me to the side. As I walked in further to investigate what I thought would yet be another boring room, my legs stopped abruptly, watching a very familiar sight right in front of my eyes.

My very own desk, with my name written on it.