86 ☠️

With every word he spoke, every sentence he finished, I grew more and more speechless, not even truly processing anything he said. "How... how do you know any of this?" I asked him perplexed, needing to know if what he said truly was right, before even considering any of it. It was absurd. All of this was crazy. "I overheard the 'boss' on a phone call, just before you got here. He was talking to the actual man up there," he said, looking up at the sky, or ceiling rather. "Oh, and don't worry about the cameras and wires, I disabled them just now," he added, waving his phone in the air. Cell phones, cameras, wires... he truly broke character, didn't he? Did that mean, he really was telling the truth?

"Dae, I..." I tried to speak, but my mind was all over the place. "You know, Dae isn't even my real name," he said, clicking his tongue. "It's Jut, actually. But that's besides the point. Listen, I'm sure your fellow contestants aren't all stupid, they wouldn't have gotten in otherwise. That means by tonight there should be an opening for you to leave. I'll distract the others for long enough, just get out of here, promise me that. Get out of this stupid place, live a good life, and screw everyone that made you come here in the first place. Win this fucking game."

Though I still couldn't fully comprehend it all, his words were finally dawning on me. I could trust his word... right? He was helping me out of here, the rest couldn't be a lie right? For the first time ever since the rooms where we lost Felix and Seungmin, I felt a spark of hope arise. Even though part of me wanted to completely reject all of what he said, my emotions trying to get the best of me, everything was easily overshadowed by one selfish thought. I could actually get the life I had always wished for. I could get out of here.

And finally, a glinster formed in my eyes again, for the first time in years.

----------

"Are they gone yet?" Jisung whispered, peeking down from the tree. "I think so," Chan answered quietly, jumping down again, landing ever so carefully. "Hyunjin, Jeongin, you guys okay?" Chan asked, looking at the bushes he'd seen them hide in. The two finally got up again, trying to shake away the numb feeling in their legs. "Yeah, all good," Jeongin answered him, the four finally getting together again. "They're getting more aggressive by the minute," Chan said, looking at the cut on his shoulder one of the spears gave him. "But if they're coming back more often it would give us room to sneak in when they're out here. There's more of them out here now than there were in the beginning."

Hyunjin hummed, agreeing with Chan, even though he didn't like it. "I say we get close to their camp, hide there, keep watch. As soon as the rest leaves for patrol again we breach, get the three out of there, and leave this place as soon as we can," Chan continued, ignoring the dirty stare he got from Jisung, who still didn't seem all too happy about Chan wanting to leave Minho behind, even if not intentional. "Meanwhile I'll go look around where the exit is," Jisung interjected, refusing to stay here any longer. Jeongin watched him already walking away, glancing back to Chan. "I'll make sure stays safe, just be sure to not do anything stupid," he remarked before following Jisung out there. "And don't worry, we'll find you," he added before he was out of sight.

Now with just Chan and Hyunjin left, all they had to do was wait.

----------

"I think that concludes all questions for now," the boss finished up, looking at the two relieved boys in front of him. "I have to say, Changbin, you're fiesty, I like that," he said, shifting his gaze to Minho, "but you, I still can't seem to figure out. There's a lot more to you then meets the eye, isn't there?" Minho once again kept quiet, hoping sincerely that was a rethorical question. The more he let out, the more it could be used against him. Maybe it wouldn't make him favorites with the people here, but he wasn't here to be liked. He was here to get everyone out.

"Ah, Y/N, there you are honey!" The boss's voice chimed through the room, both boys instantly whipping their heads around. "I see you've found my outfit! Truly a masterpiece on you," he grinned content, slowly looking back at the two boys in front of him. "I figured I'd give you a small preview of what you're going to get later on," he smirked, but I currently couldn't even care about any of his dirty remarks. There was hope again. Who cared what came on the way.

"Did you figure out what you wanted to know yet?" I asked him sweetly, like I hadn't just bawled my eyes out over it. "Not entirely, but I think I'll just have to see you three in live action," he chuckled, already pleased with the idea alone. With Dae, no, Jut, still holding onto me I stood inbetween Minho and Changbin, giving the two a reassuring smile. "I'm sure these two would love to wash up as well, am I right? We can't have dirty hands all over your little trophy," I winked at the boss, patting the two by my side on the back, hearing the troops outside come back without much avail.

Only one more day, because at night, I'd be out of here. And soon, I'd be out of misery for good.