62 ☠️

Why hadn't he broken the kiss yet? Wasn't this taking too long? Something was off, and yet I couldn't tell whether it was working or only worsening it all. His lips weren't moving, and his body stood still like a statue. Meanwhile I had to hold onto his shoulders to keep my balance while tiptoeing, keeping my lips pressed against his. I couldn't pull away, too terrified to face whatever it was that would come after this. Only mere seconds had passed, and yet every second added to it only made the anxiety in me grow. Please, just do something. Anything.

In only a second, his left hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him to deepen the kiss, his lips slowly yet firmly moving against my own. My eyes opened wide, seeing his closed. I didn't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. At all. What was even going on? He broke off the kiss with a heavy breath with his arm still wrapped around me tightly, and it was only when I felt the tip of the gun at the back of my head I realized what he'd been doing. When did he even get it out of my backpack? Had I been that distracted that I let down my guard? He really used my own only option against me.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I really am," Hyunjin whispered softly in my ear, his fingers trailing further over my waist to get a better grip. Our bodies were pressed against each, my feet growing tired, making my fingertips dig into his skin to try to keep myself stabilized. "Hyunjin, whatever it is that she's offering, I can help you with it," I muttered back, afraid my voice would break if I used it normally. "You already killed her once, didn't you? Don't let her get to you again. She's just using you, you're better than that." I locked eyes with him, neither of us looking away. They always say it's hardest to kill when staring right into someone's eyes. Had only it worked on my father.

"She's been haunting me for years now. Even if I killed her again now, she'll just show up again tomorrow. Maybe now she'll finally stop torturing me," he answered, still whispering softly, as if he didn't want her to hear. She wasn't even here, she was dead, and yet he was still being considerate of her, the girl that put him through hell, enough to kill her and her friends for. "I thought if I just killed her, if I just put the knife through her body, it would all be over. But she's still there. Every single night, when I'm asleep. And now she even came back for me. She's back, Y/N, and I don't know what to do. I don't want her to hate me anymore."

I took a deep breath, looking around. "Hyunjin, where is she?" I asked him. There was no guarantee this would work, but right now he still seemed somewhat calm. There was a side of him that didn't want this, and if I wanted to survive, I had to do everything I could to keep pulling that out. Because if I didn't, she would have his determination back. "On my left," he whispered, finally breaking eye contact to look back at the mirror. This was my only chance left. I sharply pulled back my elbow, hitting his hand and the gun with it, swiftly catching it to take it over. "Jeongin, duck!" I yelled out, pulling the trigger as soon as it was pointing at the mirror he had just looked at.

"What are you doing!" Hyunjin yelled, already trying to take back the gun, and yet I just reloaded it again, pulling the trigger once more at the next mirror. "I'll shoot every single mirror in this damned place if that's what it takes to free you! We need you Hyunjin! If this is what it takes to get you back from whatever state of mind she put you in, so be it, but I'm not going to let her keep tornmenting you any longer. So where is she?" Hyunjin froze, his feet nailed to the ground. "I said where is she, Hyunjin! If you can't do it, I will."

"Behind you, your right," he whispered softly, which was immediately overruled by the loud gunshot. "Now?" "Other side, your left." Another shot. My ears felt like they could burst any second, a high, continues beeping causing a distorted feeling around me. My head was pounding, my vision blurring, and my arm hurting inmensely, and yet I couldn't stop. I didn't even have to ask anymore, Hyunjin was shouting the answers at me, not moving a single inch, looking conflicted. I couldn't even see much anymore, my head pounding. It was getting more and more dangerous for me to keep going, but risking Hyunjin changing his mind was the least I wanted. If at least the magazine was emptied out, it was already a win for me.

"Y/N, don't shoot," Hyunjin shouted, running towards me. I spun around, trying to find out where he was coming from, but while the mirrors were mostly gone, my vision was blurred enough to have the same effect. "Stop," I shouted at him, swinging the gun around. I had no idea what was going on in his mind, but I didn't want to risk it. I didn't want to die. Not when I've gotten this far. In a swift motion, hyunjin took the gun, pointing it right at me. I closed my eyes, fearing the impact, yet instead got pulled right in his arms, hearing the gunshot right past me.

The tears streamed down his face, landing on my shoulder. The gun dropped down to the ground, both his arms now holding me tightly. "I'm so sorry," he whimpered, "and thank you." I already turned around, looking back at the last mirror shot. Or rather, what was behind it. "We weren't going to find our way out otherwise, were we?" But then, the only thing to pull back my attention was Hyunjin, his body falling back onto me, all heated up, sweating. So much had been going on, I completely forgot about the state the drugs put him in.

And still, as soon as Jeongin finally found us, he pulled me away from Hyunjin as quick as possible.