89 ☠️

Upon seeing the bewildered faces right in front of me, I could only hope it would work out. I had to get this right, for Jut's sake too. "If you want him back alive, I need all of our stuff back, including my clothes, more weapons, and food and water. You have 20 minutes, before I blow his head off," I threatened them, trying my best not to quaver. I couldn't have this end bad. He helped me so much, gave me back my hope for a good life. The least I could do was give him a chance to stay alive.

"Why would we even want him alive, he betrayed us!" Chul shouted back, watching us with fire in his eyes, burning with hatred. I let out a laugh, sounding like a complete maniac. "Betrayed you? You think I gave him a choice in this?" I let out between the laughter, pretending to catch my breath at the absurd statement. "You really think I'd hold him at gunpoint if he voluntarily helped me out? You weren't the brightest leaving the two of us alone in the bathhouse, and you still aren't the brightest now. He's had this gun to his head ever since. Nothing betraying about that, just survival."

Chul's eyes widened, looking at his companion. "But... how? I was there practically this whole time. There was no gun!" he shouted out, still figuring out whether to believe it or not. "Like I said, not the brightest, aren't you? If you would have looked and checked properly, you would have known. It's a shame they put you in charge over this bunch when clearly you're the one who messed up, leaving your friend alone to fight for his life." A silence arose, heads clearly spinning, thinking. Come on, just push them a little. "You have 18 minutes left. I suggest you hurry if you want to be back in time."

It wasn't hard to guess why the boss wasn't here. Everyone believed he betrayed them. With an entire group of criminals, with rage having taken over, it wasn't weird that he disappeared. It was probably for the best though. Chul seemed to have been good friends with Jut, at least in here. If I played this on his conscious I could make everyone get out alive. "Do it," Chul whispered at first, within a second turning around furiously. "What are you all waiting for, do whatever this crazy chick is saying! I'm not losing another one of us here!"

Three or four of them started running back, the rest of the, now way smaller, group waiting right in front of us. "I shouldn't have left you alone then, I'm so sorry," Chul pleaded for forgiveness. "Listen man, whatever she's got on you, we'll figure it out. She's likely not going to make it out of this place anyways, so it should all be fine," he added hoping to comfort Jut. "Yeah..." Jut muttered, clearly not sure how to act. All I could do was hope he'd follow along with the act, hoping his life would be spared, unlike the boss's.

Only 12 minutes out, and the men came running back, panting to catch their breaths. They came back with bags full of food, tools, weapons, and thankfully our clothes back too. There was no way I'd go through this game in such a skimpy outfit. "Now throw them to us, don't you dare get too close," I told him, praying this wouldn't turn bad last minute. "Not until I have Dae back safe with me," Chul argued, still using his fake name. Would Chul even know his real name? Heck, Chul probably wasn't this guy's actual name either. "All you get for now is me lowering the gun. You'll get him back as soon as all of the bags are safely in the elevator with us."

To show I was going to honor my word, I lowered my gun, still holding onto Jut tightly. If this truly worked, not only would Jut's life be spared, we'd have way more to survive the next zones as well. This could just turn out in the best way possible. After a long sigh, Chul nodded, the bags finally thrown at us, into the elevator. As the last one was being thrown, I leaned into Jut's ear, unable to leave it like this. "Thank you for giving me back my reason to get through this game. I promise I'll return the favor after winning this," I whispered, before harshly shoving him back to Chul, the elevator doors closing just in time before the group caught up to it.

I squatted down, trying my best to control my breathing. That was close. Way too close for my own liking. And yet, after a few seconds of letting it all sink in, a cheering broke loose, a pair of arms wrapping around my waist to lift me up, Minho smiling up brightly at me. "How on earth did you manage to do that? That was amazing! When did you even...?" Minho ranted, everyone else smiling as well amongst each other. Upon a little tap on the shoulder from Changbin, Minho carefully put me down again, helping me steady myself before fully letting go. "I'm not too sure either how all of that happened," I tried to laugh it away, my heart still racing. That wasn't me at all, but Jut who risked his life to help us. Even after he must have known I tried to seduce him just for my own survival.

"Well, whatever you did, it got us all out of here, safe and sound, with even more to help us than we started with. Well done, Y/N, seriously. I think we owe this victory to you," Minho ended his little speech with, as we finally reached the next safe room. The first thing I did was allow myself to fall down on the bed present this time, closing my eyes. While these rooms kept on getting more and more luxurious, all I could do was rest, with a heavy heart. Now knowing there was a chance for me to still win this game, I had to do everything to make it happen.

Even if it meant giving all I had built up so far up.