58 ☠️

Hyunjin, Jeongin and Y/N

How much more suspicious could it get? 'Take a pill before entering', laid out on a table in a small space between the door they just got through, as well as the door that probably would lead to our actual challenge. Only one pill laid in the small bowl, as well as what seemed to be a glass of water next to it. Right above a camera, with the door locked right in front of us. They didn't even try to make it hard on us; one of us was going to have to take that pill before entering, and only then could we finally start.

The silence was enough to kill already however. Glances exchanging between the three of us, though I wasn't sure whether it was over the act of sacrificing oneself, or nobody wanting to take it, hoping so desperately someone else would. I didn't even know what to do, only waiting until someone seemed to make a move, my mind already running all of the possibilities. It probably wasn't going to kill you, that I was quite sure of. The game should have a chance for everyone to survive to keep the viewers entertained, so giving out a certain death wouldn't be smart. But what it could do was a complete nerve-racking mystery.

And yet, I couldn't keep my eyes off that pill, something in me just drawn to it. Given the circumstances, it was probably the best option even for me to take it. Hyunjin was the one with the most strength out of the three of us, so we needed him to stay good for certain. The risk of it making him sick was guaranteed to set us back. And though Jeongin and I were probably roughly in the same shape right now, Jeongin still better than me though, Hyunjin would instantly take it if Jeongin only as much as reached his hand out.

Without any hesitation, I reached for both the pill and glass of water, and yet as soon as I moved Hyunjin beat me to it. Though no words were said, my stare must have gotten to him, as he already started moving, seeming to avoid any confrontation. I couldn't even think of anything to know, knowing I would have done the exact same. I just started moving, knowing there was nothing left keeping us from going in. While Jeongin softly held onto my arms, Hyunjin was quick to get in front of me, leading the way for us. "You stay in the middle so we can we on the watch," Hyunjin noted with a hint of sternness. He still clearly didn't trust me, and yet there wasn't a single thing I could do now to go against it that would actually help me out.

Jeongin slowly let go as Hyunjin swung open the door, quick and swift, ready for anything that might come out. And yet instead, he was greeted by his own face, maybe even more surprising, seeing his reflection over and over through the maze of mirrors right in front of us. Every single move, every single expression was caught all around us as we went in, the door falling closed behind us. "It's like one of those mirror houses from the faire," Jeongin said, the corners of his lips rising in amazement. "So we just have to find our way out?" Hyunjin asked, even his confidence showing up all around us.

And yet, seeing my face all around me only made me feel more uncomfortable, wanting to do nothing but hide away, to somewhere not only me, but nobody could see me. It felt like a reminder, watching myself. As if I could see every single detail about me, about that happened to me. All the imperfections, all the actions they had done. Every single stretch, every single scar, the way my face had already seemed sunken due to all the malnourishment, my body not any better. It was so confronting, I already hated everything about it. "Let's get out of here as quick as we can," I muttered, quietly taking hold of Hyunjin's shoulder like I had done before. Getting separated was one of the last things that would help.

And yet, this seemed too easy. Just walking through a maze until you found the way out? There was no way this would be all there was to it. Not that I had ever gone through these, as going outside had never been something I'd been allowed to do besides school and my job, but it just felt like it was too easy. And still, I hated every part of it. To lessen the hatred of looking at myself, I finally took the time to take a look at both the other boys. Hyunjin's slick black hair had fallen in front of his face, as he wiped one of the strands away. It was just long enough to reach behind his ear, but not so much that it would actually stay tucked. At some point he just ran his fingers through his hair all together, in the hopes that it would finally frame his face in a more comfortable way, which it seemed to do this time.

Whereas Hyunjin had this husky appearance, wearing nothing but black with cargopants and a tanktop to show off his well toned arms, Jeongin had this fluffier look about him. He wore lighter colors in contrast to his somewhat wavy black hair, going for the denim light blue jeans with a white somewhat oversized shirt on top of it. Though they both had completely different aesthetics, or so it seemed, it fit them both extremely well. It made me wonder if after all of this was over I should start paying attention to my appearance more.

But for now none of that mattered. I'd worry about my looks later. Right now I just wanted to get out of this place, as soon as possible.