63 ☠️

"What on earth were you thinking?" Jeongin shouted at me. While we were now standing just in front of the door, Hyunjin was laying down just a little further away, unconscious on the ground. Though he was still sweating and breathing heavily, Jeongin wouldn't even let me go near him, pulling me back to him if I even tried. "If I didn't do anything he would have gotten me anyways, it was just a matter of time. I had to do something!" I argued. It still didn't feel fair to Hyunjin, to kiss him just as a distraction, but if it meant I had a chance of survival, I would do anything. Even if it meant going too far.

"Y/N, he held a gun to your head! Had he not come to his senses you would have been dead!" I let out a frustrated sigh, looking back at Hyunjin. "Let's just be glad that didn't happen and get out of here, please." Jeongin squatted down, his hands covering his face. "And to think I always believed in him, a bloody murderer..." he muttered out. When I tried to walk up to Hyunjin, Jeongin grabbed my hand, pulling me in his arms in a swift motion, yet making the both of us fall backwards in the process. Jeongin laid down on the ground, holding onto me tightly, burying my head in his chest. "I know you don't like skinship and all, Changbin already said so enough, but please, just... give me a minute." His voice was on the verge of breaking as the tears streamed down his face.

"You nearly died," he now broke down, holding onto me tightly. "I was so scared for you, I thought he was actually going to kill you. And I... I couldn't do anything. I felt so useless. No matter where I went, you weren't there." No matter how hard I tried to stop it, the tears wouldn't stop flowing down my face either. "I swear I'm not leaving your side from now on," he muttered after, "I'll protect you. I promise." It had been a while since I had been that terrified of someone, even though we hadn't even been out here for that long. The gaze in his eyes as he chased me was something I recognized a little too well, and was something I wished to never have to experience anymore. And yet here I was again, running, fearing for my life. For one second, I saw the person I hated most in Hyunjin, even when I tried to convince myself it wasn't him. I knew it wasn't him. My dad would have never hesitated to kill me, while Hyunjin deep down showed he never wanted to in the first place.

Even if I wanted to let go of Jeongin, simply get out of the place as fast as I could, I couldn't get up. My body felt paralyzed, seeing nothing but my dad right before my eyes, the knife in his hands with his glowing eyes just peaking out above, the same, terrifying gaze as Hyunjin held just a mere couple minutes ago. "Get back here Y/N!" echoed through my ears as I turned left and right to shake him off. I could only imagine what were to happen if I made it out of here. Would he have found me already? Would he be waiting for me, the same murderous intent as when I left for this place? No matter how many times I've had to deal with the idea and threats of it, I didn't want to die, but most of all did not want to have to face him again. Ever.

"Y/N.... Y/N?" My head shot up, finally looking at Jeongin. Judging from the reflection of me in Jeongin's eyes, I looked terrible. My eyes puffy and bright red. Oh great. He lightly pushed me up, making us sit down, though he still held me on his lap. "Hey, don't worry. He can't hurt you." He was referring to Hyunjin of course, but it wasn't him that had me terrified. I rather felt pity for him, but seeing Jeongin's expression turn into one of disgust and hatred with one look at Hyunjin told me I shouldn't let him know that. He must have felt betrayed too, if he had believed in Hyunjin's innocence for so long. Having your best friend turn out to be a murderer could not be something easy to process.

I finally got up, turning to one of the broken mirrors, wiping away the tears. "Thank you Jeongin, for being there for me," I mumbled. Despite a couple of cuts, a splitting headache due to the ringing in my ears, and a dizzy feeling, I wasn't doing too bad. It could have turned out a lot worse. Jeongin had gotten up as well, making my arm rest on his shoulder. "Come, let's get to safety, shall we?" he whispered softly, supporting me with walking. "But... what about," I started, looking back to see Hyunjin now sitting up, his face buried in his hands. "He can walk himself. Come," he almost spat out the first part. My gaze stayed on Hyunjin just a little longer before being helped to the door by Jeongin, finally hearing Hyunjin's footsteps behind us, with nothing said.

I couldn't get myself to look at Hyunjin, too afraid to look in his eyes again. I knew I shouldn't be feeling this way, especially since he was drugged, and the worst side of him was purposely brought out, but I did not want to see that look ever again. Right now, just the thought of it was enough for me to keep my eyes averted. For all I knew he couldn't even remember what happened just now. I knew alcohol had that affect, as my brothers used that as their excuse most of the time when they awoke next to me again, for all I knew the drug did the same. Maybe that would be for the best, for Hyunjin too.

If only I could forget it all too.