90 ☠️

I almost forgot how nice it was to be able to get some sleep without having to worry for my life. Ironic though, since even at home I couldn't sleep without fearing something might happen. And yet, for the first time in quite the while, I slept soundlessly, an actual smile on my face now that I had regained hope. I would have never guessed there was still a way for me to win this game, but looking back at it, looking at Ellie, it all suddenly became so clear. There was no wonder she was still so cheerful, even though a lot must have happened in that place. She won too.

Is that why she stayed? Because she had figured it all out? Maybe she became attached to this place. Which was weird, looking at all that was going on in this place. It made me wonder what kind of challenges she had to go through. Or when she figured it out. Maybe she didn't even figure it out, but stumbled upon it at the end by accident. Whatever had happened, I was slowly starting to understand why she remained cheerful, even after all that happened.

"Looks like she's doing a lot better already, isn't she?" I heard Chan's voice, referring to me. "I wonder how though," Minho muttered back. "The things we had to do weren't exactly..." he tried, yet couldn't find the right words. "What exactly happened?" Chan asked in return, not having seen any of it, of course. "Let's not talk about that," Changbin interjected this time, his answer short and curt. I couldn't blame him though. He must have been furious at Chan for almost leaving him behind. I was more surprised Minho didn't seem too mad. Besides caring for me, he wasn't exactly making friends in here.

"Let's just say they made us do things with and to each other that weren't exactly something I wished happened like this," Minho kept it at, trying to sound clarifying, even though it probably didn't help Chan much. I was grateful the two didn't completely spill it though, I wasn't exactly proud of what happened. Would it be awkward, looking Minho and Changbin in the eyes again? It probably would be, given what we had to do. I just hope it wasn't their first time being intimate with someone, no one deserves to be forced into something, especially not if it's all you know about it.

I turned around in the bed, my head softly hitting something, and yet I couldn't be bothered by it. It was quite soft anyways, and I was too tired to move around again. Instead, it moved, only now making me figure out there was someone next to me. It wasn't either of the three I'd heard before, and I highly doubt Jisung would even dare to get that close to me, leaving only Hyunjin or Jeongin up to it. Though I still couldn't figure Hyunjin out, even after all this while, things definitely changed in that mirror room. I just had to hope it wasn't for the worst.

Feeling a pair of arms wrap around me, it wasn't hard to figure it was Jeongin next to me. It wasn't the first time he was hugging me anyways, and though I didn't know what happened out there for him, he was the type of person you'd want to care for. Maybe that was why I didn't mind him hugging me, though these days I was starting to mind it less and less. Probably since these hugs weren't at all what I was used to, but actually felt warm and sincere.

Though I heard a sigh from Changbin, Minho cut whatever he was planning off short. "Let them be. I doubt she'd even notice it asleep. Plus Jeongin seems like he could use it." Another sigh, but this time one where he agreed. "I'm worried about his wound. He seems to be holding up, but with a headwound like that, without having had it treated for days, it can't mean much good." They were talking about the wound he got in the first zone, right? A blow to the head like that must hurt a lot, and yet I haven't heard him about it at all.

I let out a deep breath, leaning into the hug, hoping it would bring him some comfort, even if he was still asleep. We still had a few hours left anyways. I'd get up, soon. Just a few more minutes of resting out, and putting up a facade. A few more minutes to figure out how I was going to forgive myself for the person I'd become after this safe zone. A few more minutes to enjoy being around everyone before emotionally distancing myself from everyone.

A few more minutes before only focusing on winning this damned game, no matter what.