5

"Mr. David, please get all the reports ready before weekend. We need them for the meeting" I said.

"Alright ma..."

"Okay team! That will be all for now." I said dismissing them

"Let's give our best!".

"Thank you miss Armstrong" they responded and started leaving the office.

I have about 15 staff in the marketing department and I just had a quick meeting with them to brief them about what is coming at us. Mr. Amber informed me an hour ago that the president will be visiting against the launching of our new project.

I am counting on my team and I really hope everything goes as we have planned. I wouldn't want the president to be disappointed in me in any way. It's my first time meeting with her and it's also my first time leading a campaign for a new project as the head of the department.

We could have launched this project few weeks ago but it got postponed because the foreign investors insisted on working with the president directly. They needed her to be here, not her representative. So the date was moved forward to give her more time to heal.

I heard she lost someone very dear to her. It's not easy to lose a loved one. I was so broken when I lost my dad. I haven't completely gotten over the pain. It's been 5 years now but it still hurts like it happened yesterday. I miss him everyday and I wish he can come back to us..

"Care to have lunch together?"

This message popped up in my phone taking me out of my thoughts. Oh! That's from Simon. I smiled broadly after reading that. Simon is such a sweet partner. I like him because of how he cares for me. He might likely be at his workplace but wants to have lunch with me? Haven't seen such a clingy cat before.

"I wish we could but I have much work at hand. Let's do it some other time"

I know he might feel disappointed but I have a deadline to meet and I want to utilize all the time I have left to get things in order. Simon read the message but didn't reply. I waited for some minutes for his reply but got none. He's probably busy with other things. So I decided to drop my phone and get back to work. But my eyes landed on something that took my attention for a while.

"Something came up so I had to leave. I am sorry for all the troubles"

I heaved a sigh after reading that again for like a millionth time. It was a message from the Saro lady on that Monday evening. We were supposed to see but I couldn't make it there on time.

On that Monday evening I arrived at the restaurant only to see that she already left. I called but she didn't take my calls so I texted but after waiting for sometime without getting a reply, I decided to go home.

The waiter approached me with my work ID when I was about leaving. Yes she dropped it with the waiter.

As I drove back home, my thoughts were everywhere. At first I thought she got angry that I was late. Not everyone can handle being kept waiting. I hate it also when someone keeps me waiting.

But she wasn't angry. according to her text, she left because something came up. We didn't get to see again and she already apologized for troubling me. Everything is okay now but why am I a little worried each time I read that text?

It's over a month now. She hasn't called nor texted unlike her that would bombard me with phone calls. I am slightly concerned over what it was that came up that made her leave in a hurry. I mean she practically begged to see me. She wouldn't just leave if it wasn't something serious.

I am happy that she's off my back and I am also worried. I wouldn't dare call her on phone. It's best as everything ended the way it did. No more drama over that, no more calls from her. And the best part of it is that no one else knows what happened.