17

"with the power vested in me, I join you together as a couple. You may now kiss your wife" The officiant said.

Saro cupped my cheeks and started caressing them softly. My heart skipped when she closed the gap between us. Saro held me more tighter and kissed me passionately. I closed my eyes and kissed her back without even knowing why I did that.

The crowd started cheering for us and after a short while, Saro parted us. I looked into her beautiful eyes. She's smiling. I can see from her eyes that she's happy but why am I worried? Why do I feel like there's something big coming at us?

The wedding party kicked off immediately after that. The guests were coming to congratulate us. I can equally see my mum happily discussing with Saro's family. Saro on the other hand is busy with her important guests. I think they are business partners.

"Congratulations Rebecca, I am happy for you" Richie said as he approached me.

"Thank you" I mouthed.

"What's wrong? You don't look so happy" he asked.

"Uhm... I am probably stressed" I answered while trying my best to smile.

"I know you so well Rebecca. I know when you are worried and I can say you're so worried that it's making you unhappy" he said.

I heaved a sigh and looked at Saro who was still busy with her guests.

"You're worried about her?" He asked bringing my mind back.

Richie is the only sibling I have. We were pretty close while growing up but I can't say the same now. I haven't had a personal conversation with him in a while and I don't know if I can tell him how I feel right now.

"I am worried that this whole thing might be a mistake" I finally let it out.

"How do you mean?"

"Getting married to Saro.."

"Rebecca..."

"She's purely a red flag Richie."

"Don't say that"

"She kissed that bartender last night. A night before her wedding. You were there Richie. You saw it too"

Silence.

He was surprised. I can see it all over his face. He didn't think I would ever find out about it.

"How did you know..." He muttered surprisedly.

"I saw the video okay? Gosh Richie. You were there. You couldn't even tell me"

"Because it was nothing. She was pressured to do that. Besides it was only for fun..."

"Who has fun like that? How would she feel if I was the one that did that?"

"I am sorry that you got hurt by that. But I assure you that there was nothing attached to it. It was only for the party" Richie said calmly.

There was a minute of silence as I looked back at Saro.

"I also feel she has something she's hiding." I mumbled breaking the silence.

"Oh come on"

Silence

"I really don't know what to think anymore. But what's more frustrating is that I know all these and yet I still got married to her". I said in frustration.

"You're just overthinking everything. I haven't seen anything wrong about her. You just got married today, it's too early to start thinking this about your wife."