27

"I am sorry baby but I can't let you leave here not until you take your water" Saro said.

I shut my eyes in frustration and took a deep breath to calm myself. She's really getting on my nerves. I should just keep ignoring her like I have been doing. I don't want to talk to her. She broke my heart. She hurt me terribly but what hurts more is my inability to hate her even after hearing everything.

I hate myself for not hating her right now. I should hate her for what she did but I don't. My heart still loves and cares for her. And when she pulled me so hard that I fell into her arms and heard her heart beat so fast, my stupid heart started beating fast too.

I am so hurt by what she did. Maybe because I expected so much from her. Even though I suspected such a thing from the beginning, I turned a blind eye and blocked such thought from my head. I forced myself to believe that she was different and is nothing like Tony.

I mean she even told me she is not like him. I was wrong for believing in her lies. I was wrong for thinking we could make a perfect couple. It's just few weeks of our marriage, and this has happened, what then will happen after five years?

Maybe this is all a mistake. We shouldn't have gotten married. We are so different. I am from an ordinary home while she's a spoilt girl from a honourable home. How do I expect her to be a one woman person?

Should we go our separate ways? Gosh! Why does the thought of divorcing her hurt so much? Aside the fact that it's too early to think of divorce, I don't think I can handle the break up. I am angry with her, I am hurt but it will hurt more to wake up every morning without her by my side.

"How can you eat without drinking water?" Mrs. Ann asked taking me out of my thoughts.

"I took orange juice..."

"Orange juice isn't water baby. You need water to stay hydrated" Saro said that made me glare at her.

"I am not thirsty. I will drink water when I am...." I said to Mrs. Ann ignoring Saro.

"Do you ever get thirsty?" Saro cut me off.

"Okay that's enough!! Stay away from me!!" I snapped.

"Baby..." She mumbled weakly.

"Your girlfriend just left. The house will be more peaceful if you can just go with her" I blurted.

Silence

Everywhere got damn silent like a graveyard. Gosh! Did I really say that to her? I can see the pain in her eyes and for a second I felt bad for saying that. But why do I need to feel guilty? She did worst. I might be toxic right now but she started it. She made me like this.

How could she fuck a girl a week before our wedding? How the hell does she want me to forgive easily and pretend like nothing happened? I don't know how to control the pain I feel inside. It hurts imagining her moaning for someone else. It hurts.

I excused myself and started walking upstairs but Saro followed me. She called severally for me to stop but I didn't.  She held me just before I could get in the bedroom and pinned me on the wall.

Her two hands pinned my both hands on the wall. I struggled to free myself from her hold but she was too strong for me.

"Let me go!" I screamed as I struggled with my hands.

"I will. I will Rebecca but just listen to me first"

"I don't want to listen to whatever you have to say."

"Why not? Is that how much you hate me?"

"Yes Saro I hate you so much" I said and broke down in tears.