29

Simon drove us to the parking lot and Irin got out of the car. I thanked him for the ride and unclasped the seatbelt. But I just couldn't get off the car like that so I turned back to him.

I have so much to say to him but I don't know if it's the right time to say them. He doesn't look like the Simon I used to know. I hope someday he lets go of everything and become truly happy again.

"I am sorry that things happened this way between us." I said and he smiled.

"What has happened has happened. You don't have to beat yourself any longer. I have forgiven you" he said and I looked at him.

He forgave me already? I actually thought it would take a while before he could. Considering how much I hurt and betrayed him. Keeping the baby and getting married to Saro was a big level of betrayal.

"We all make mistakes. But when we love, we also learn to forgive" he continued.

I immediately thought of Saro when he said that and I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Saro for the past weeks has shown me love and kindness. Ever since that incident, she has been trying so hard to make me happy. I won't deny that she has actually done so much to get me to forgive her. She regrets her actions and she has learnt her lessons. Maybe I should forgive her already. If Simon can forgive me, why can't I forgive her?

"So I don't want you to keep feeling guilty. It's all in the past now." He said with a smile.

"Thank you so much Simon" I mumbled while trying to hold my tears.

"We can still be friends right?" I asked and he was a little surprised.

"I'm not sure your wife will want that. You know how jealous she can be, isn't that why you chose to sleep over at Irin's instead of having me drive you home?" He said that shocked me.

He figured I rejected the ride because of Saro? I completely forgot how quick he is at figuring things. Of course I know how Saro can be and I know she will never like it seeing us together. But is it wrong to be in contact with him? I don't like the idea of us turning strangers.

"it's nice to see you once again" Simon said and I simply nodded.

I got out of the car and we got into the elevator to Irin's apartment. I don't feel too good. My mind is occupied. What Simon said got into me.

"We all make mistakes. But when we love, we also learn to forgive"

His words continued ringing in my head as I laid next to Irin after freshening up.

My heart started beating fast when I thought of Saro and the pain she might be feeling at the moment. I got so sad and just then I realized how badly I wanted to see her. Can I still go home this night? It's 1 in the midnight. I obviously can't because it's so late now.

"Are you okay?" Irin asked taking me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm.." i stuttered.

I didn't know she was still awake. Thought she had slept. Irin adjusted herself and rested her back on the headboard while looking at me.

"You have been turning and tossing for a while now. Can't you sleep?" She asked and I simply nodded.

"I can't Irin" I mumbled and she smiled naughtily.

"Tell me what I don't know. You miss your wife don't you? I mean it's your first night sleeping apart from her after your sweet sweet honeymoon.." she teased and I chuckled.

Well, I get butterflies in my tummy whenever Irin teases me with Saro.

"Is that how much you love her?" She asked and I gulped.