* T H I R T Y - T H R E E *

© Amber Kalkes 2015

Song------}

"Turn To Stone" By Joe Walsh

T H I R T Y – T H R E E *

"Ow!"

"Well it wouldn't hurt if you didn't struggle so much."

"Shut up!" Wren snaps, "You try doing it when you're pregnant."

I smirk at her, "I'll pass for now."

"I hate you." She grumbles with a weak glare.

"No you don't now grow some ovaries and toughen up."

"Fuck!" She yells loudly as I push it just a little further, "Ow! Damn it Ruth! Stop it!"

With a roll of my eyes I gingerly lower her leg back to the ground. I manage to move back in time to miss the swing of her leg when she tries to kick me. We've been trying this prenatal yoga for about a half hour now and Wren has been nothing short of a pain in the ass. She refuses to breath when she needs to and complains the entire time. If she weren't three weeks away from giving birth and still able to chase after me, I'd smack her.

I hear the front door slam open and running footfalls coming towards us in he sitting room and again, roll my eyes. I don't even have to guess who it is coming in to save the day like some Nordic superman. Jack stumbles into the room and looks over Wren with wild blue eyes before his body relaxes. Obviously she's unharmed, he'd feel it if she was really injured but he's gotten edgier as the due date continues to grow closer.

"Oh thank god!" Wren sighs before grinning at her mate and putting her hands up in the air, "Save me!"

"What's going on?" Jack asks as he comes towards us.

"Your mate is being a pain in the ass." I tell him dryly as I get to my feet.

Wren growls at me before pouting at Jack, "Babe, she's trying to rip my leg off!"

"I'm trying to get you ready for giving birth, Wren." I snap.

"By trying to kill me." She snaps back with a frown.

I scowl at her and cross my arms in front of me as I speak, "Don't throw your hormones at me lady. I'm not your mate and I won't just sit back and take it."

"You—"

Jack catches Wren before she comes for me and whispers in her ear, "She's just trying to rile you up."

"No I'm not." I correct him, "I'm stating facts. You need to be ready and you've been slacking with the stretching. Giving birth isn't a joke."

"I didn't say it was!"

"Well you're treating it like it is!"

"What's happening in here?"

We all look over at Nadine as she comes into the room. A scowl immediately comes over my face and I straighten my back, as I look away from her. I haven't talked to her since the debacle two days ago with Ben, Raze and her. I've been avoiding all of them like the plague and as time had been passing, it wasn't proving easy.

They seem to sneak out of the woodwork just as soon as I manage to have the courage to come out my lair. Instead of forcing me to confront them like I'm sure they've been planning, it's only made me more creative in hiding. Brandon and Mary have been big helps with that. Wren, on the other hand has not and her goading me is the only reason I'm down here in the first place.

"Well my part of this plan is done," Wren sighs, making my head snap up so I can gape at her. That literal bitch! Wren moves over towards Nadine and scowls at her, "I almost a leg for you woman, don't scare her off again."