* T H I R T Y *

©  Amber Kalkes 2015

Song——-}

"Gold Dust Woman" By Fleetwood Mac

*Sexual Content

*T H I R T Y *

"I apologize for my—" I cut myself off and look down into the bathroom sink before trying again, "Ben, I want to apologize for my behavior yesterday. It was very out of character for me to act that way and I don't want that to be your first impression of me. I want you to know..."

I trail off as I struggle for words. I don't know what I want him to know. I don't even know what to say to him! What can anyone say in a situation in this? This guy, a guy who supposedly is my father, is also a werewolf, an ex-Alpha no less. An ex-Alpha with a full grown son, who seems to know more about me than I know about him. I drop my head into my hands and whine in frustration.

Why is Nadine everywhere when you don't want her to be and nowhere to be found when you need her?

I've called the shop six times in the past hour and I think even the laid back Miles is getting sick of the sound of my voice. He said that Nadine wasn't in the shop but then again he's been saying that every time any of us call. I have half a mind to go down there and just track her ass down. It's the only thing I can think of to find her because to be honest, I'm scared of doing this on my own.

Taking a deep breath I look up into the bathroom mirror again, "Benjamin, I want to apologize for my behavior yesterday. This has been really hard for me to comprehend and I can imagine that you feel that same. Where the hell have you been for the past twenty odd years?"

My grip on the sides of the sink gets tighter and I hang my head in front of me. This isn't going to work. Why would this work? I don't the man enough to owe him an explanation. Three knocks on the door make me jump and I collect myself just in time for Brandon to walk in with bed head and a naked torso.

"Are you done talking to yourself yet?"

I scowl at him, "No."

He grins at me before coming over, lifting my chin up and giving me a kiss. I pretend not to enjoy it, just out of spite but I do. Of course I do. I don't think I'll ever not enjoy kissing Brandon. Brandon opens his eyes and I feel him smile against my lips before he pulls back to laugh at still irritated expression. I don't think he'll ever stop irritating me either. I don't think I'd ever want him to stop being an annoying asshole though. That's one of the things I strangely love about him.

"You're cute when your mad, you know that?" He asks, "You look like a scrappy alley kitten."

"Speaking of kittens, when can I bring Ginger here?"

Brandon grimaces, "Not yet. Isn't Nadine watching after him anyway?"

"I don't know what Nadine's doing." I snap, annoyed by the mere mention of my missing mentor, "And what do you mean not yet? He's my baby, he lives where I live."

"I thought I was your baby?" He pouts.

"Why? Because you whine all the time?"

"No." He sighs with an eye roll, "Once the dust is settled with all this rogue bullshit, we'll be moving to the Green Hill pack house. Wren needs me there to keep an eye on the lands since she'll be preoccupied with the wee baby Alpha."

"So we're moving?" I ask.

"I told you this before."

"I forgot."