* T E N *

©  Amber Kalkes 2015

Song------------}

"Hear My Train A Comin' " By Jimi Hendrix

 *T E N *

Pain seems like such a simple word for what I’m feeling as Brandon’s teeth break into my skin. The words ‘fucking agony’ come to mind. He still has my hands pinned above my head so I can’t really do much physically but I can do something else. Closing my eyes I’m a little distracted by the sudden warmth moving through my body. The pain is slowly fading into something more pleasant.

Still, this guy just bit me!

So I try ignoring the building pleasure and focusing all my energy on getting him off me. Balling my fists I feel his teeth easing off my shoulder and I take that as my cue. Releasing my hands he goes flying off me and across the room into the farthest wall. He hits one of my tables, the one with my dead cactus on it, making everything displace itself in the air.

I hear him moaning in pain but that’s nothing compared to the pain I feel in my shoulder. Gripping the wound with my hand I give his form the dirtiest look I can muster. What kind of guy just waltzes into my house and bites me? Apparently the kinds that can turn into overgrown slobber hounds.

“I keep forgetting you can do that.” Brandon says from the floor.

I look around and grab one of the books nearby and chuck it at him. He grunts when the fairly thick book hits him in the gut. “Well try to remember next time you try to take a chunk out of me you…you ass face!”

“Ass face?” He chuckles, still lying on the floor.

“Shut up!” I snap before hissing in pain. “Do you mind explaining what the fuck that was about? Or is that common werewolf practice when entering someone’s home?”

He grunts again as he sits up, still shirtless and my blood staining his lips a little. I watch him roll his lower lip into his mouth before smirking a bit. The smirk falls though when he sees my hateful glare. His eyes go to my hand still clasping my shoulder and he tries to move towards me making me back away. A sad look comes over his face but he nods in acceptance before dropping his head and sighing.

“And here I was giving Jack shit…” He mutters.

“What?”

He shakes his head. “Nothing. I’m really sorry, Ruth. I thought I could keep it under control and at least have the balls to ask you first but I let my wolf take over. I’m sorry.” He stops and chuckles wearily. “It feels like I’m always saying sorry to you.”

I almost smile but I bite my cheek to stop myself. I really don’t want to make it seem like I’ve forgotten or forgiven this and I still have tons of questions. Removing my hand I glance at it, completely unsurprised to see blood on it before placing it back where it was. Damn, that stings.

“Does it hurt?”

“Yes.” I snap.

He hesitates before speaking again. “I can make it feel better.”

“How about you tell me why you did it in the first place.”

“That’s a bit harder to explain.” He mutters, running a hand over his hair. “I owe Jack a huge apology when I see him next.”

“Brandon, just spit it out. I don’t really want to hear you rambling on when we could be getting to the bone of the issue.” I tell him harshly, my patience reaching its end.