* N I N E T E E N *

©  Amber Kalkes 2015

Song--------}

"Sunshine Of Your Love" By Cream

* N I N E T E E N *

“Ugh.”

I hear Brandon chuckle at my grunt as I finally come back to consciousness. The fact I’m awake is annoying. The fact that I’ve been woken up due to motion is an even more annoying fact. I peek my eyes open just enough to realize that Brandon is carrying me back to the pack house. Or he’s looking for a place to dump my body. I doubt the second option but you never know with the crazy shit he’s been pulling lately.

“You’re annoyed with me.” Brandon state matter-a-factly.

“No shit Sherlock what was your first clue?” I drawl as I close my eyes again.

He sighs heavily but keeps carrying me, “I was trying to do right by you, Ruth. Can’t really blame me for trying to give you a choice.”

“You know damn well that’s not why I’m pissed.” I snap while opening my eyes so he doesn’t miss the effect of my glare, “I’m pissed because you tried to take my choice away from me. You think you were giving me a choice but you weren’t. Oh and just so you know I could have broken the bond before if I’d wanted to.”

 He stops walking and look down at me with narrow eyes of his own, “What are you talking about?”

“The lupus fractionis spell, Brandon. I could have broken this bond with an incantation. Feel all high and mighty now?”

“If you could have broken it…did you know?”

I frown at him in confusion, “Did I know what?”

“Back at the cabin, did you know that you were my mate? When you gave me the tarot reading and the palm reading, did you know that it was you?”

I scoff, “Believe me it would have made this whole ordeal way less complicated if I had.”

“But I bit you without asking.”

“I know…” I agree slowly, “I was there.”

“And you still didn’t break the bond? Why?”

I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck as I lift myself until our noses are touching, “Don’t you get it? I may be a witch but I can feel things just as deeply as any of you pound puppies. I felt something for you, I didn’t know what it was for sure with your wolf the way it was and my power out of whack as its been but I still felt it. Why would I break something that in the end would have done nothing but hurt both of us?”

I end my little speech with a light but meaningful kiss to his lips. Shocks move from the top of my head to the tips of my toes making them curl with pleasure. Why would I ever put a block on our bond when I could have this? As I start pulling away Brandon tries to follow me and I smile.

“Down boy.”

He gives me a sour look, “You and Wren with the dog jokes. We’re not your pets you know.”

“Maybe Jack isn’t Wren’s pet but you for sure are mine.” I grin before petting his hair, “Whose a good boy? Whose a good boy?”

“That’s it.” He sniffs and starts loosing his grip on me, “You can walk.”

“I’m sorry!” I yell as my feet hit the cold soil below. He lifts a brow at me and I know I have to kiss some serious wolf tail if I want him to carry me. “Okay, okay, I’m sorry. I’ll be good.”