20- Clear Enough?

Milo's POV:

On the drive home, we barely talked. I was lost in thought about our kiss 3 weeks ago.

Believe me, I wanted to make another move on her. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable, though. I tried to give her little hints that I wanted her then and there, but the hints seemed to go over her head completely. Maybe I just sucked at giving her signals.

I hated feeling like I was going to make her uncomfortable if I did anything too crazy. I wondered how she would react if I kissed her when we got home.

I probably shouldn't. I thought to myself. But what if she doesn't pull away?

My mind kept swirling in those kinds of thoughts, and they didn't stop until I heard Madelyn gasp.

"What is it?" I glanced at her, and then back at the road. I could see that she was looking at her phone.

"Lexie proposed to Stella."

"Seriously? That's awesome." I smiled. "I'm assuming Stella said yes?"

"She did." Mads nodded.

"That's amazing for them. They're literally perfect together. If there was an award for couple goals, they would come in first place."

"They really would." I could hear her sigh after she said that.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I just hope that one day I'll have a relationship like they do." She told me.

"You know, I've been trying to give you hints all day and these past 3 weeks." I told her.

She laughed. "No you have not."

We reached a stop light around the time she stopped laughing. I looked over at her and said, "Yes. I have."

"When?" She asked, gesturing her hands through the air as if she didn't know what on earth I was talking about.

"Well, today it was when I started rubbing your shoulder, and when I held your hand for a few seconds." I said while I started driving as we got the green light.

"But that's something a good friend would do. I didn't take it as you trying to give me a hint. And over these past few weeks, you've just been giving me mixed signals." She shrugged.

"Really? I thought I was being really obvious."

"I didn't take it that way. You would be into me, like when we kissed, and then not want to do anything romantic with me." She said.

I pulled into my driveway. "I thought I was coming off too strong. I was worried I was going to make you uncomfortable." I told her, stepping out of the car.

She did the same and we walked inside together while we continued talking while we were in the kitchen, face to face.

"Then why didn't you just ask, Milo? Why didn't you just ask if you could go farther?"

"Again, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by having to answer that question. And it would have made things really awkward had you ended up saying no." I explained.

"Milo, trust me, I would've said yes. I would've said yes a million times over and over again." Madelyn said.

"I believe you. But I didn't know that you would've in that moment. Plus, it was hard to think, so I chose to not ask you." I tried to explain.

"Why was it hard to think?" She asked.

"Because I was so caught up in you. I don't think you'll understand how much I wanted you in that moment. All I wanted was you, and I wanted to make you feel good." I said.

I could see her face getting redder.

"Can we stop arguing about these past 3 weeks?" I asked. "Let's just focus on what's happening between us right now. Right now."

She looked away for a moment before looking back at me. "Yeah. I have a few questions, though. Questions about us. Me and you."

I nodded at her. "Go ahead."

"You do want me, right?"

I nodded almost immediately. "Of course, Mads. I thought we established that already."

"I was just checking." She said. "If we do decide to date, are we going to tell the world?"

"I kind of want to keep it a secret for a week or so before we tell anyone." I said.

She nodded. "Okay. What about Jordyn?"

"What about her?"

"Is she going to be pissed that we're dating?" Mads asked.

"She has no right to judge if we do end up dating. And besides, she'll be in jail soon enough. She wasn't good to me, and I don't want someone who's like that." I said.

She gave me a look that read: "Are you sure you don't still like her?"

"Mads. I'm not going back to her." I said.

"Okay." She nodded slowly, but she seemed to believe it. "Is this a good idea?"

"What?"

"Us. Are we a good idea?"

"I hope so. And if we aren't, we'll move on. I'll make sure that we don't get hurt if we do decide to split. Which, we hopefully won't need to." I answered.

"I don't need another Evan, Milo." She said, shaking her head.

"Trust me, I'll be way better for you than Evan ever was. Just trust me, and we'll figure it out together."

She looked at me for a few seconds before nodding. "I know."

"Is that all of your questions? You had a lot."

"I just wanted to be clear." She said.

"Is this clear enough for you?" I asked before pulling her closer to me by the waist. I tilted her face with her chin so that she was looking up at me. I closed my eyes and put my lips against hers gently.

After about 5 seconds, I let go.

"Clear enough?" I whispered.

"I wasn't done." She said before bringing me in for another kiss.

It didn't take long for gentle kisses to become aggressive kisses. She had her arms wrapped around my neck and hers around my waist. She pulled me towards her, and we ended up against a wall. I pulled away for a moment to take a breath, and she kissed along my jawline and down my neck. I quickly brought her face back up to mine and pressed our lips together again.

After a solid 5 minutes of this, we decided to get off of each other. We didn't go farther than making out. I was going to wait until she was ready for that.